Wednesday, June 15, 2022

June 15 - Entebbe at last

 I heard some wonderful news....

How pleased I am to tell you that I arrived Entebbe at 5:30 tonight but I was not able to leave the airport until 7. The young man taking my luggage off the baggage area spindle only retrieved one suitcase and when no more came around he went in the back to check and said that all of the luggage had been unloaded. That meant that my other four pieces of luggage, one with all of my clothing, was somewhere between Newark NJ and and Entebbe. Well then, I was certainly happy that I had one change of clothes in my carry-on but not having showered in three days I was looking forward to some other clean clothes.
Walking in the airport wearing the same pair of shoes for three days had also created a blister on the bottom of my right foot so I was looking forward to some different shoes to wear. 

The young man took me to an area where we could fill paperwork out concerning the four lost pieces of luggage when at one point he asked me what the contents of the other four suitcases were and I told him wait just a moment I have a printed copy of the contents of all of the suitcases in my briefcase which I pulled out and gave to him. He then disappeared into a backroom talking to an older gentleman that seemed to be the one that was in charge and the two of them exited into another backroom. And I waited. pretty soon both men came towards me as the young man said, "Your luggage is all here it came, yesterday!

Just another time to see evidence of God's faithfulness and care of me. The young man went and got a second trolley and we loaded all the suitcases on and proceeded to go through customs and out the door where I was greeted by Alfred caring a bouquet of roses along with Pastor Peace and Pastor Aaron. Needless to say there were hugs and kisses all around.

Thank you so much for all of you who have been praying as I traveled, God has truly answered your prayers. Tomorrow I have to be at the radio station at 6 for a broadcast followed by doing our banking so that is all for now as I have a bathtub where I'm staying and I am headed that way to take a nice bath before going to bed. With a big day tomorrow I will be in bed by midnight.

That none would be lost,

Arlene


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it safely. A kind young man who helped figure out where your luggage was. PTL ❤️ hello to Alfred. I let our friends at bible study know what happened through your blog. Phil was finally able to.mow the lawn this evening since there wasn't rain today. Alot of rain on Sunday. May God continue to bless you as you share His word and mercy. ❤️ Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you arrived safely, and that your bags arrived too! I hope you sleep well and that your blister feels better tomorrow. Praying for your day and that the radio broadcast goes well. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete