Monday, June 27, 2022

June 27 - 1650 beautiful dark faces were very intent today as they listened to me

 Ministry Partners,

Today we left Kampala at 8 am for the long drive to Masindi Main Prison and to Masindi Women's Prison.

 

We arrived at noon and the men were already gathered in a very large courtyard and they had the IRM team under a porch overhang. It hurt my heart as I looked out at the men sitting in the very hot sun and yet I have never had men listen more intently to me as I spoke. I really am blessed to be doing what I an doing. About an hour into the 2 hour program the heat began to get to me as I am still weak but eating yogurt to improve my gut health.

And as I finished 6 prisoners appeared with gifts for me. A flower "trophy" made by the men and a large woven tray to place the "trophy" on. Oh my goodness, it was all I could do to not cry. The gifts though did not compare to the response I saw to the salvation message, it was thrilling to watch.

Then it was off to the women's section where we spent 2 hours with 58 women who danced for us at the end of our time with them.

Then it was off for a 2 1/2 hour rive to Gulu where we began the process of trying to find a place to stay. Two hours and 4 hotels later Alfred finally found us a place. I was so tired that I was ready to sleep in the van.

Tomorrow we have 2 more prisons to visit and since it is 9:30 already and I need to bathe and fall into bed. I am so very tired. I think the guys are tired also as they currently are discussing the translations today and they both have the giggles!!!!

Your continued prayers are so appreciated.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get a hotel. Glad love there is looking good and sleep for you that's peaceful. Continuing to pray 🙏 for you. You will make it through this trip that God has given to you. I'm happy that you got a nice gift from a prison. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene, your fortitude (courage in pain or adversity) is an example to all of us! You truly exemplify the verses in John "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command."
    John 15:12‭-‬14 NIV
    "Well done, good and faithful friend!"

    ReplyDelete