Tuesday, June 28, 2022

June 28 - The tears fell as she shared that she had forgiven her rapest

 Ministry Partners,

It was wonderful today to sleep in until 7 am. 

The long buffet of local foods just was not enticing to me for breakfast so I ended up eating some noodles with some beans (similar to "pork & beans" just with out the pork) along with a rolled piece of dough that seemed somewhat like a biscuit. I had a couple of pieces of pineapple but am being really careful of the fruit for now.


 I had Alfred take a photo of the gifts I received at the prison yesterday.

It appears the the cord for the new sound system is missing so we made a stop in town to purchase another one, luckily we were able to find one. Then we were off to the two prisons for today, Gulu Men and Gulu Women. It is always a treat when the prisons are close.

They had a very large tent for me to preach from today while the prisoners sat in the sun around three sides of the tent. An inmate translated for me and I THINK he did a good job but it always makes me nervous when so I am not sure what they are communicating to the prisoners. After our time with the prisoners we met with the O.C. which was an interesting endeavor. I am always so thankful for Alfred who reads between the lines and knows just how to respond and/or lead the conversation.

Then it was off to the women's section and again a woman prisoner to translate for me. One lady sitting in the front seemed to be the "boss" of a large section of the young women, not allowing them to respond to the invitation. But in the end Alfred addressed the rosaries many were wearing and received a better response to another invitation. It was thrilling to see the women set free from religious bondage!

At testimony time 1 prisoner wept as she stated how she had forgiven the person who raped her when she was a young child and another said she had been planning to take revenge on the person who brought her to prison but today she forgave her.

I forgot to tell you yesterday that on the was here we came to a bridge where there were some baboons and the water was a torrent and beautiful. I was taking some photos of the rushing water and saw no signs posted concerning "NO PHOTOS". A young officer pulled us over and threatened me for taking the photos of the water and bridge saying he could take me to the Minister of Defense because photos of the bridge were not allowed! He told me to delete the photos and then tried to bribe us. Alfred chatted a bit with him the gave him and his buddy a bottle of water. That small bribe seemed enough because we were allowed to proceed on our way.

Because we started early this morning we were able to finish and return to our motel by 3pm and the guys then left to do some errands while I got this blog done. That means I can get to bed early tonight. A tall young beautiful young woman is cleaning our rooms as I type, I wish I had her at home with me. 

I appreciate your prayers as I still am still weak and need strength as well as intestinal issues crop up day by day. 

Please pray for:

  • Open hearts for the gospel
  • Travel safety
  • Rest & health for the team

That none would be lost,

Arlene

 


1 comment:

  1. Praying for you. Praying that the Lord will restore perfect health, for open doors and open hearts, safe travels. The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face to shine upon you.

    ReplyDelete