Wednesday, June 29, 2022

June 29 - Our GPS

Ministry Partners,

Today the first prison was close so we were able to sleep in tell 7:30, then after a huge buffet breakfast we were off to the first prison. It’s funny that although the faces are different they seem so familiar as they sit looking at you with that hopeless look in their eyes.

Each day as I look back on the day’s events it seems that I am looking add someone else’s life and yet I was there, and yet I saw those men and women make good decisions for their life today. Receiving God’s free gift of salvation and then praying forgiveness over someone else or themselves followed by them apologizing to each other and learning that they can live lives of peace and not turmoil

We traveled a few hours to the second prison today and at one point the roads were so bad and rutted we actually took a wrong road and had to back track. I was beginning to be concerned that we were ever going to find the prison. The OC was ever so nice and ended up staying through the complete crusade. In the beginning we found there was a large group of women that they said could not come to the men’s section so I would be doing a third crusade today. But I’m so thankful that God intervened and the decision was made to allow the women to come into a fenced section right next to the Men’s section. I was thankful that I could speak to both groups at one time and not have to preach two crusades this afternoon. It was hot today and my strength is still not at top level.

Once again neither Alfred nor Aaron could speak the local language so an inmate translated for me period of course I’m not sure but it appeared that he did a very good job and kept up with me. It’s difficult when they keep stopping and looking at me and wanting me to repeat what I said so it’s nice when they can keep up. It is specially makes me laugh at the section when I holler about my conversation with God, the young man today actually hollered and kept up

It was especially interesting when we got to the part of the crusade that the men were apologizing to each other. I turned and looked at the OC and he was smiling from ear to ear and as I looked at him he shook his head up and down, appreciating what he was watching. At the end he thanked us and told us that he really wanted us to return again.

Then we were off to the next town and trying to find a place to stay. 

 
Following our GPS

We finally hired a motorbike man to take us to a motel. Sometimes they act as a local GPS and that’s fine but other times they just get you lost like the man did today. We were driving around in the middle of nowhere and it’s certainly was evident that he didn’t know where the motel was that we had given in the name of. He stopped and asked a number of times about the location and once we had to backtrack because we had taken a wrong turn as we followed him. The motel is not that great but since it is 6:30 at night we will make it do until at least tomorrow.

We ordered dinner at 6:30 and it is now 7:30 and dinner has not yet arrived. Somehow I feel this is going to be a long night.

Continue to pray for:

  • Open hearts for the Gospel
  • Health, strength and rest for the team
  • Travel safety
  • That none would be lost,
  • Arlene

 

No comments:

Post a Comment