Sunday, June 30, 2013

5 days and counting.......................

Ministry Partners,

Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.
—Hebrews 13:15 (ESV)


With only 5 days until I commence the new ministry journey God has called me to in Uganda & Rwanda, praise is continually in my thoughts and on my lips.

 

I have already seen God's faithfulness and provision in so many ways but most recently as He poured out favor for IRM upon the government of Uganda. They had recently made the decision that there would be no more evangelism within the prisons there because of the poor actions of previous visitors but Pastor Herman continued to tell them about IRM and the good work we have been doing in Rwanda ....then....last week the decision was made to allow IRM to enter 3 prisons.

Indeed, only God can can change the hearts and decisions of man so that His will would be accomplished.
 
Yesterday was the final team meeting and last night  the team was introduced to and commissioned at New Life Foursquare Church in Canby, the covering church for IRM, and that will follow suit again today at both services. I am so thankful to the Lord for the four dedicated men and women He has put together this year to serve alongside the IRM Rwandan partners and me.


 Terry Fillis, Alfred Mupenzi, Brian Youd
Leslie Yoder, Arlene Tatum, Toni Anderson

I was happy to hand off the four suitcases of supplies that I had walked around in my living room and dining room, filled and weighed numerous times during the last two months, to each of the team members to bring when they travel to Rwanda on July 25th.

The 22 Excel spreadsheets that I did originally, for every aspect of the trip, seem to change from day to day as do the events on the itinerary thereby needing to be redone and tweaked. I must say I continue to learn what the words "be flexible" mean. 

Please continue to pray for the trip, the team and for me concerning:
  • Open hearts for the Gospel
  • Personal Health for the Rwandan & U.S. team
  • Travel and in-country safety 
  • That we would find favor with everyone we encounter
  • That we would watch the Holy Spirit pour out his power as never before, on the people of Uganda, Rwanda and each team member.
That none would be lost,

Arlene



1 comment:

  1. Praying for your journey. God bless you all and keep you safe. So glad you are able to bless others around the world, touching hearts and changing lives. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete