Wednesday, May 23, 2012

6 days and counting........


Ministry Partners,
It's hard to believe that the time for my departure to Rwanda for the 9th time is only six days away. Everyone on both sides of the "pond" has been very busy getting final plans and details down on paper.

My trip to the Klamath Falls area went well, thank you for your prayers and 'Thank You" to Malin Baptist Church, United Family Fellowship, Bible Baptist and Klamath Christian Center. I spent the evening of my 68th birthday at Klamath Christian Center, sharing my testimony with about 80 senior High School/College students. What a wonderful group of young people and God gave me a special birthday gift as I watched Him add 7 to the Lambs Book of Life........birthday presents don't get much better than that!!!

There were so many people that did special events that contributed to the "Bibles for Rwanda" project as well as general help for the team. The problem with thanking specific people is that I am sure to leave too many out so please forgive me. But I must thank a group of young girls (Mom's too) who for a second year held a yard sale for the Bible Project. 
 
 I am sorry that not all the girls were available for this photo.
What a blessing it is to see these girls work so hard to raise funds for Bibles, understanding the importance of someone they will never meet having God's Word. Then there was Olive Photography and.... and.... and.... and the person who sacrificed to purchase 1 Bible/Discipleship Booklet set, "THANK YOU" to each one. I wish I had the words to convey what a huge blessing each Bible is. 

TIG Prisoners celebrate at having a copy of God's Word


I learned last Sat. that the government is "holding" the signature of approval for our Prison Ministry application until they can have a face to face meeting with me. I am so pleased, and see God's direction in this, that the Commissioner General of Prisons has requested a personal meeting. Please pray that IRM would find favor in all of the meetings I will have with those in government positions including wardens, as well as God given opportunities with villagers, ect., ect.......

Yesterday, following our last U.S. team meeting, I handed off 4 team suitcases, packed and weighed, 49# each, to team members Pastor Al & Kathy Carpenter and Pastor Shelly Brown. Now it is time to get the final preparation and packing done at my house, Tuesday morning will be here....SOON.

Thank You for your continued prayer and support. Remember there is still time......

Making online donations for Bibles is easy now !
1. Go to the IRM Ministry web-site @ http://www.newlifeirm.org/
2. Click on "Donations"
3. Click on "clicking here" in blue
4. Follow the easy remaining few "steps"

That none would be lost,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday blessings to you, Arlene! Will be praying for you all again on your trip and actually b4 as well! Take care and will again donate for a Bible or two...making sure it's the correct country this time. LOL! Hugs and look forward to your reports. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete