Friday, May 14, 2010

Rwanda, 12 days and counting........


The days are passing so quickly as I work on final preparations for the trip.


The beauty of the country is dwarfed by the beauty of the people.

This will be my 7 trip to Rwanda and I am no longer surprised by the broad smiles midst such a sea of poverty. They have been through so much and have so little. Yet as one orphan, who knows Jesus as his Savior, responded to my question about his constant smile "I refuse to allow satan to steal from me what God has put in my heart".
Such wisdom from that man !!!

Although this first IRM Team is small, God has knit together such a powerful group of men and women, all willing to allow the Holy Spirit to stretch and equip them. It makes me smile as I hear questions followed by "I've never done this before" because I am saying....
the
same thing.
The logistics of taking my own team are really something and I am thankful for all the IRM team partners that contribute to accomplishing every detail.
What a pleasure to have a team where everyone is willing to share unfamiliar responsibilities, serving each other while we serve the people of Rwanda.

I am so thankful for God's design and direction in ALL of this. I stand in awe of everything He is doing with IRM and in my life.
I am continually giving HIM praise.

Not only are we busy preparing to go but our Rwandan team is busy preparing for our arrival. The Core Team had their final preparation meeting yesterday. Almost daily I internet chat with Alfred, the IRM Operations Supervisor, about all he is doing on his side of the ocean, to ready things for this first IRM team ministry trip.

We appreciate your continued prayers and support.

Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment