Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Jesus Birthday

Ministry Partners and Friends.

"I Said a Christmas Prayer for You"
because the season is here.
I didn't ask for riches but for gifts so much more dear.
I asked for joyful gatherings with your family all around,
and for carols to inspire you with their old familiar sound.
I asked for quiet moments in your heart for Christmas morn,
for a special time to celebrate the Savior who was born.
I asked for friends to send their best that you might know they care.
I asked for peace and love and hope for I know He hears our prayers.

I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you. Phil. 1:3-4


.....a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
Luke 2:11


"Happy Jesus Birthday"
from
Arlene
and all the IRM staff

4 comments:

  1. Hey Arlene, my name is John. I read a lot of blogs on religion and prayer and I've i feel like I've ended up here once before. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this prayer exchange website PrayerMarket.com I thought it was an interesting idea and would be curious to hear what you (or other Christians) think about it

    I'll check back here in the next day or two, thanks & God bless
    John W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I have looked at the site. The Lord challenges us to be wise and not, necessarily, accept "things" at first sight. It is our responsibility to check thing out. Having people pray for each other "at first sight" appears to be a positive thing,and what could be negative about people praying for each other? As you check further....you see the hidden, or not so hidden, deception.....$ and coins for praying !!!!! Oh, my goodness, I do not want anyone to pray for me because they are being paid or getting coins. I have NO DOUBT those kind of prayers will not go above the ceiling. Who came up with the idea that we should receive ANY monetary gain, money or coins, for praying???? Shame on them...Dear Jesus help us, He drove the moneychangers from the temple, what make anyone think He would approve of this in ANY way.
    If the site removed the coin and $ business from praying and just had a site where people posted prayers and you pray for the person who posted before you and/or others...that would be great. We need to support and uphold each other before the throne of grace but NOT for gain of ANY sort.
    Thanks for the inquiry and bringing awareness of the site to me and asking for my thoughts.
    I don't think much of you or your site as it stands today.
    It would have been helpful if you had informed me that the site was actually yours. Is there some reason for your deception?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The integrity of God's people is so very important as each one of us are accountable to God.

    ReplyDelete