Thursday, December 7, 2023

Dec. 7 Beautiful Shopkeepers

 Ministry Partners, 

Yesterday was so much fun as I supported the lady shopkeepers with my purchases and then shared a gospel tract with them and other ladies in the area. Such sweet ladies.

Today was a very busy day for Peace and Aaron but a day that started at 4:30 for me as I sorted supplies and worked on the message I will share at the Bible school graduation on Saturday. At about 11am Peace said I needed to rest but with still dealing with jet lag, I was afraid I would fall asleep so I decided I would hem the dresses I purchased yesterday. Peace's comment was , "That's resting?"

Aaron left about 10 to have something done to our leased van and have some copies made of an IRM introduction letter for Peace to deliver with the Bibles, Discipleship Booklets and the supplies the government required us to provide. She will travel with the truck and offload supplies at each of the 36 prisons, covering the same route that the team will travel but in as few days as possible because of the cost.

We were unable to get one of the language bibles we wanted so they delivered that quantity in

Alfred just called and although he is in Uganda he is about 4 hours away. He is as anxious to get here as we are to see him. Alfred arrived at our place after 10pm, he said there were lots of traffic jams on the way here. I was so good to lay eyes on him after a year. The team just isn't complete without him.

Thank you everyone who has been praying for my low back and hips, they are SO much better.

I best be off to bed as it is almost 11:30 but I can, hopefully, sleep in tomorrow as breakfast is not until 9.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

3 comments:

  1. Praise God for His answer to prayers about your hips! Wonderful to hear! Loved the "That's resting?" comment! That's Arlene for ya! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Alfred arrived in Uganda safely. I hope you stay healthy and less pain. I'm recovering from my procedure I had on Wednesday. I'm thankful that I don't have cancer. Hugs, blessings 🙌 and prayers 🙏 ❤️

    ReplyDelete