Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Dec. 19

 Ministry Partner,

It is a beautiful morning and i am excited to see what the Lord ha in store for us today. Breakfast at 7:30 so we can be on our way to Kitalya Med. and Max. Prison by 8. After searching the internet I was able to pull a photo and an article about of the prison for you to see/read, it is from Sabasaba News. I DID NOT TAKE THIS PHOTO

 I'm sorry that for some reason the blog is cutting off the sides of the article. I tried about 5/6 times to fix it.
They say the prison can accommodate 10,000 with space left but there are only 2,000+ there now. 
 
It was another 1 1/2 hour drive to the prison and we arrived at 10 like they told us to yesterday.
Since this is a max security prison the security was tight and it took us 2 hours to finally get to the common room. I was a bit disappointed as only about 1,100 prisoners came inside. Alfred sis that the non-religious ones were intimated by the religious ones who gathered and were singing.
As soon as we got inside they told us everyone was going for lunch so we would have to wait 30 min. or so. I told them that was fine.
As we were sitting there the lead pastor came and sat my me. We had quite a conversation after I started talking about "Forgiveness". I could easily see that he had a issue in that area and we talked about head knowledge over confessing Jesus as savior from Romans 10:9&10  "9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."
 
Finally the prisoners returned. We had prayed that the Holy Spirit would speak to their hearts and many would confess Jesus as Savior and so they did. They also responded to the other invitations. The prisoners comment on our rope object lessons concerning forgiveness and I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit giving them to us. At one time Aaron said a small bird flew into the room but I never noticed. Yesterday when we were outside and I was preaching a beautiful crested crane came close to me but then wandered away.

 Crested Crane
When we arrived almost home Alfred got out of the van to catch a motorbike and run some errands while Aaron and I returned to our hotel. We unloaded the van and Aaron took it to get washed while I begin packing up everything in my room and in my extra large hall that also acts as a closet. I needed two separate my things for what we are going to take and use here in Uganda as we visit the rest of our prisons here and then store in a locked store room here all the things that we will return and get to take to Kenya for the 20 prisons we will visit there. They will probably be renting out the house in our absence so we need our things out and secured.

For some reason the electricity here this afternoon and evening has been off, then on, then off again. Too many businesses and homes in this area, I thankful they have a generator here but I think I best get this posted while I can.

That none would be lost,

Arlene



3 comments:

  1. Another good and blessed day you had. 🙏 . The crested crane is beautiful. I hope you remember what you need to take on your next journey to Kenya. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanking the Lord for you, for taking care of you, for the strength to go each day, for the openings He gives you, like the lead pastor, and for those who have heard the Good News.

    ReplyDelete