Friday, December 22, 2023

Dec. 22 I gave her a scarf and tract

 

Ministry Partners,

Breakfast today was again later at 8am as we were only about 45 min. from the prison and today I had a beef mimosa and took two for my lunch, as did Aaron.

As Aaron and I were waiting for Alfred to arrive at the van a sweet young girl who worked there came walking by and I asked her to wait as I retrieved a tract and scarf from my backpack. It was a wonderful opportunity to talk with her about Jesus and His love for her. When I asked her if I could have a photo with her she is the one who was hugging tightly.


We talked about Jesus and I gave her a scarf and tract

  Today I noticed, as I have before, that the complete horizon/sky was as if it had heavy smoke covering the area. However, the guys explained that when the moisture is released from the trees and hits the dirt in the air as it rises that it produces this smog/fog that is evidence to the locals that it will be a VERY hot day. I hope I explained it correctly.

We were surprised that when we arrived at the prison we found 637 inmates there since we had been told there were 300.

The Deputy O.C. greeted us and as we sat inside the entrance, we observed the inmates playing soccer. Then we were taken to the office of the O.C. who was a very tall young man. As we waited for the soccer game to end, I had a lengthy talk with him about what we present to the prisoner through every teaching. I was thankful that I had the opportunity to also talk with him about his own salvation.

The soccer game ended and he told us he was going to delay lunch for them and he wanted us to begin our crusade. They had us under a porch, which gave the IRM team plenty of shade and as I looked out over the prisoners, I was so thankful for the giant that provided almost all of them with great shade.

About 25 min into my preaching a prisoner and a guard got into an argument a very short distance from us. As fists began to fly and other inmates rushed in to help the guard I stopped preaching as ALL eyes were on the disturbance. As the guard and his helpers finally gained control over the very strong inmate, I continued.

The Holy Spirit did a mighty work as the prisoners responded to each invitation. Four inmates gave a testimony as well as the guard who had sat through the complete crusade.

Today did turn out to be oh so hot, it's hard to believe that Christmas Eve is only 2 days away.

After finishing we traveled about 45 min. before Alfred had us stop and he got us rooms for the night where we will again be fairly close to tomorrows prison, about 6 min. away. Which we have been told is small with 172 men and 2 women inmates, but we will see. Our hotel is off the road and oh so quiet where my room faces a lush green hill and I can hear birds chirping. There is a social area in my room so we will be able to have our meals here without having to pay for room service.Which they said would arrive at 5, and it did.

I am thankful that they brought a fan for my bedroom.

It was an amazing day filled with God's presence.

Thank you for your continuing prayers,

That none would be lost,

Arlene

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting every day! I know it takes you time and effort, but we enjoy your stories of what you have done and what the Holy Spirit has done each day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete