Sunday, December 10, 2023

Dec. 10 My son Alfred's ordination day

Ministry Partners 

 3 Foursquare Pastors

 

  Bishop John Kamanzi, Pastor Alfred Mupenzi, Bishop Arlene Tatum                                       

 For many years I have hoped and prayed that today would come. Alfred and I met each other on my first trip to Rwanda when he went to a small church with me to translate. He was married with two children and his wife worked at the same school where he was the principle.

Over the next few years he always went to translate for me and we just became friends so in 2007 we adopted each other, I did not have a son and he grew up an orphan. 

I watched his integrity and honesty so he was the perfect person to become the Africa Vice-President when I formed International Reconciliation Ministries in 2008. Alfred has been committed to IRM and the ministry we do sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in prisons and villages since that time.

I am a Foursquare pastor and a few years ago Foursquare Bishop John Kamanzi ordained me as a Bishop and this past year he has worked with Alfred leading to today. Bishop John, who is over 250 Foursquare churches, held Alfred's ordination at his home church and about 1,000 people from 9 African countries were in attendance. I tried hard to not cry as I addressed Alfred with a message I had prepared especially for him but I did not have much luck.

After the ordination a beautiful buffet lunch was served to everyone followed by a 80th year birthday celebration  was held for me including a beautiful 3 tiered birthday cake. And here I thought the day was suppose to center around Alfred.

Seven fellow students from Alfred's International Rotary Award group were also there and two of the women gave a short greeting to me. And I was given a HUGE birthday card that lots of people wrote messages to me on. What a great keepsake.

What a wonderful day for both Alfred and I, goodness I was/am so proud of him as I listened to him say his commitment vows.

Tomorrow ministry starts.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Pastor Alfred. I have loved the picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to start off your newest ministry trip! Many congratulations and blessings on you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special day and beautiful memories. Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete