Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June 30 - A stollen passport

Ministry Partners,

 PLEASE PRAY!!!!!!! A thief reached inside our van window this afternoon and although I was not hurt he grabbed my pack that was sitting right by my side.
He got my passport , iphone and about $140. We have been with the police this afternoon and Alfred and Philbert are working with them tonight.
Everything is replaceable but I cannot leave for Uganda on Wed. morning or travel home without a passport. Tomorrow is a holiday here so the American Embassy is closed and Alfred says appointments are two weeks out.
I still serve a God who loves doing miracles ....... please pray for one here.
Alfred, Philbert and Pastor Peter just returned, it's midnight, from working with the police who have enlisted some street youth for help. God continues to pour out His faithfulness to me as Alfred was just able to get on line and book an appointment at the American Embassy for this Wed. at 8 the only appointment other than next week.
We are to be back at the police station at 9 in the morning.......one office not effected by the holiday!
There is a reason God did not want me to leave for Uganda tomorrow.
Thanks for your continued prayers.

Arlene

1 comment: