Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23 .......

Ministry Partners,

Goodness that 3 hr. + nap on Sunday really did the trick, I woke Monday feeling like a new person of should I say my old self ......... raring to go.

The events of the last two weeks has taught me to be more flexible than ever and reminded me big time that I am not in control of anything which allows me to experience God's peace more than ever as I rest in the fact that He has all things under his control.

Working with the authorities here has been a blessing for sure but has also proved interesting to say the least. IRM has been asked to help the men prisoners who had everything destroyed in the fire at their prison. Originally we were asked to help by providing blankets but that changed to 1,000 trousers to which we spent the afternoon, with the Rep. we were given, trying to procure the items but found that not that many were available. 
 Stacks and stacks of bundled clothing but not enough trousers

And although we did find the 2,000 plates and cups that requested item has been changed and we are now to take items to the Women's prison on Wed.

After doing ministry in the 1930 Prison tomorrow we are to take the Gov. Rep. with us to purchase those items, whatever they are. I'll let you know then what we actually purchase and how many.

For me, a person who likes to eventually have a plan the yes/no/yes/no, up/down up/down up/down, go around Mt. Sinai twice and then go in reverse makes it very clear I am not as flexible as I thought.and God wants to work on my flexibility character!!!!! And all the while He's doing that he is smiling and I am too!

Today we did have our meeting concerning getting IRM registered as well as checking out other Guest Houses in the area for possible use for next years team if God brings us back but failed to find anything suitable in our price range.

We stopped by the open market for me to get just a couple of items for friends and one of the Rwandan women sales people recolonized me from shopping with her in previous years and greeted me with hugs, laughter and the broadest smile ever. When she found out I was 70 last month she told me to pick a necklace as her gift to me. I was reminded again ....... this is a country of relationship first.

On the way back to our Guest House it was too late to have dinner there so we stopped along the way to get something to eat and as we sat down I just couldn't help but take a photo of ........

 the absolutely beautiful chandelier that hung overhead 
and although I did not order any I noticed they had Lamb on the menu. I have never seen that offered here before.

I will post again when I can but the next four days are extreamly busy, I added another new church to speak to in the evening after speaking at the Women's Prison on Wed. and every day through Friday will have lots of distance travel.

Thankful for all of you,
That none would be lost,

Arlene




No comments:

Post a Comment