Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8 - A travel day ......

Ministry Partners,                                                                           
It’s been such an interesting day, filled again with God’s provision and goodness.
Today was a travel day for all the team. Pastor Aaron and the pick-up filled with Bibles and blankets for two of the prisons left first, after prayer, a little after 9. They will deliver the blankets and some Bibles to two of the prisons along the way where we will be holding crusades after our time in Jinja. 

Then those of us remaining had breakfast in the garden. As we were loading up two of the young men who worked at the Hotel stopped to admire our sound system. Everyone was taking longer than expected so I struck up a conversation with them. I could only give the Holy Spirit praise as I watched Him open the door so I could share the Gospel and then see Him bring them to saving knowledge in Jesus Christ. What a perfect and exciting way to start the day, leading two in the prayer of salvation. 

 These two asked Jesus to forgive their sins.

At 10 we headed into town to exchange money and pick up Pastor Geoffrey to head to South Eastern Uganda.

I cannot say I was unhappy about leaving the traffic and hustle of Kampala. Along the way we kept in contact with Pastor Aaron to hear that the deliveries were going as scheduled.

There was road construction along the way and we were held up for some time but when we were once again moving along we made a roadside quick stop to purchase another pineapple for our lunch. You stop where there is a loaded cart and the seller will bring a couple to your window to see which one you would like or you can get out and do your picking. Then you have two choices, you can take it as is OR he will cut the top & bottom off as well as the outsides and cut the remaining fruit in long narrow sections like an orange, putting ½ ea. in two clear plastic bags. It’s absolutely the best, at least I think so and Alfred sees to it that I always have a supply. 

Along the way it began to lightening and rain, rain did I write RAIN? Maybe I should have said there was a downpour for miles and miles. I’m thankful Alfred is such a careful driver and slowed way down. It was hard for the wipers to keep the rain off the windshield and wash outs were already sweeping across the road as we drove.

We turned off on a narrow dirt road before arriving at our lodging place, Kingfisher Resort to find Aaron, the pick-up and its driver stopped because of a flat tire. The remaining Bibles had been firmly tarped down but Aaron said they had not driven through the torrents we had it had just started to drizzle as they waited for us.
We stayed here last year when we were in this area. It’s quiet and my room is darling. After the team had lunch the rest of the team went to check out our van and make sure it was ready for ministry tomorrow while I went to my room. I opened the door to my room and put the sound system in the doorway with the Rwandan & Ugandan music stick playing music. 

You should have seen the housekeeper, first, and then two other gals that work here as we all danced and worship together on the grass in front of my bungalow.

We stopped worshiping and dancing just long enough for this photo. 
 A yard boy came to watch and I convinced him to take a photo. I hope I will be able to post it. WHAT FUN!!! I love parts of culture but I still find it hard that NO person under my age will address me by my first mane, to them I am Mom, Mama or Mommie. Having grown pastors call me "Mommie" just makes me smile. I feel unworthy but I do appreciate such respect and honor.

We will be staying two nights here and holding 4 crusades in four prisons the next two days. Pray for no rain as if the same hold true in these prisons as the ones last year, we will be in the open, uncovered but more important, the prisoners will be uncovered in the open.

 That's all for today. 

Thanks to each one of you who have made this ministry trip possible by your prayers and finical support. May our Savior richly bless each of you.

That none would be lost,

Arlene
for the team

No comments:

Post a Comment