Thursday, July 17, 2014

July 17 - A working lunch

Ministry Partners,

I have had an opportunity to go back a read a few of my posts and I have a request ....... please give me grace for the missed, wrong and mis-spelled words. After a tiring day I "think" I have the post correct but discover later it contains many errors. Goodness, and they are the first errors I have made all year ...... not!

The days and nights here are so hot and humid that it is especially refreshing to wake in the coolness of the mornings. We had a new girl serve us breakfast today and then I saw the girl who usually serves us with a wrap to cover her hand. She pulled the wrap up to expose the needles set to administer medication and informed us that she had Typhoid. She is SOOOO thin and doesn't look good, I prayed with her and ask that you remember her in your prayers, her name is Joan.

Because our team is not as large as the one in Rwanda we did not have to rent a regular size van like we do in there but were able to rent a smaller vehicle yet large enough to carry us, our equipment and Bibles but the NICE extra to this van is that it has air-condition ....... when it works it's great. Pastor Aaron is a bit of a mechanic so he keeps it working most of the time.


After our breakfast I did some paperwork on the finances and other bookkeeping. It's amazing how much paperwork there is to keep up with each day, I REALLY do need the assistant I continue to pray about.

Julius, the young man who works here and received Christ the other day, has today off so I talked with him about going with us to the crusade today ut he was unable to go with us. He is married with a 9 month old baby. I studied at one time to be a priest so he has lots in common with Alfred and Alfred knows just how to answer his questions.

About 12am we then headed to the city center to have lunch with the Commissioner of Prisons and her Assistant but found that her assistant would not be joining us. When we arrived at the Prison Commission facility instead of driving round and round trying to find a parking place like usual we drove up to the first security check point and informed them that we were there to pick up the Commissioner and while the guard was standing there Alfred called the Commissioner and informed her we were there, we were immediately allowed to drive in.

We had a wonderful "working" lunch with her and she asked lots of personal questions of me which I was comfortable in responding to, being transparent about my life has brought such freedom to me. We talked a lot about the ministry we did in the prisons this year and what a future trip next year would look like. The food and relationship building time was great, another great suggestion by Alfred.  I forgot to take a photo of the delicious creamed vegetable soup and array of salad on my starter plate.
 Two pcs. roasted potatoes, tender beef chunks in brown sauce w/ baby onions & mushrooms on red rice (YUMMMMM), beans. macaroni w/ red sauce, carrots, something similar to Swiss chard, a sm. piece of fish and ... and .... goat at the top of the plate and it actually was quite good.

After lunch I got a bit overheated in the van today as we had to park, no air conditioning, and wait for Pastor Geoffrey who was delayed so tried to made sure I was getting plenty of water. He arrived and we were finally off to the crusade at 4pm, the same time it was to start and we had yet a 45 min. drive. It was hosted by Pastor Isaiah from Repentance Power Church.

There were quite a number of pastors at the crusade all affiliated with the Pentecostal Pastors Ass. called "Friends of Revival".
I watched the Holy Spirit work in much the similar way as the crusade last night. One man was so convicted of his sins that he stood up before I finished the invitation, his conviction of sin was so genuine. Watching even pastors and their wives respond to what the Holy Spirit has given me to share still leaves me in awe at God's goodness in allowing me to be doing what I'm doing!!!

After the crusade Alfred was swarmed by pastors wanting contact info so I can come to their church next year, according to them. I think at this point I could be here a month just doing village/church ministry seven days a week and not fill every invitation we are getting.
 
 A few Pentecostal Pastors & Arlene

The schedule for tomorrow has changed  so we will be running errands, doing some packing and getting ready for the crusade on Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for your continuing prayers.

Arlene
for the team 

No comments:

Post a Comment