Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 14 & 15 - Days of business

Ministry Partners,

July 14 - This has been one of those days to do business, that is .....  book work and reports. It's almost 6pm and we just finished the written report, with photos, that will go to the Prison Commission tomorrow.

Alfred's sister came by to see him and visit for a few minutes, goodness she is a beautiful woman. She is married with 4 children and one is a nursing baby.
Alfred & Anna


Julius the young man who received Jesus' free gift of salvation came to my room today and said he had a question about something inside ...... being baptized, immersed, as he had been another religion and had been sprinkled as a child. I knew just the team member to have him talk with so I took him upstairs to chat with Alfred who said later that he was going to meet with Julius again on Thursday.

I just found out today that the Pastor's encouragement time had been canceled in place another crusade. So currently I am scheduled to have a church or village crusade on the evenings of:  Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday as well as the last one at a church for Sunday morning service.

July 15 - It was a lazy morning start as the team waited for Pastor Geoffrey to arrive so that we could all go into town to take the Prison Ministry report to the Commissioners office. We decided after he arrived to take a photo of just him to add the his testimony at the end of the report so we left later than we had hoped. We took the PDF file to the same printer that did such a great job on the Discipleship Booklet and they did another great job of putting the report in booklet form.

Entering the secured area of the Prison Authority facility goes smoothly and without a "hitch" now. Although we do not have an appointment we go through two security checks by only saying we are going to the Commissioner's office!!! The Commissioner welcomed us this time with a great smile as she took the report and carefully went through each page. She asked me about coming next year and I responded that I would have to wait and see what God did to which she laughed out loud and said, "Yes" but also gave some ideas as to where she would like me to visit next year. Before leaving she accepted a lunch invitation for her and her assistant on to be with us on Thursday ....... more relationship building.

The rest of the team, all guys, were gracious as they followed me around through the market so I could pick up a couple of gifts and something for me.
  
Market vendor & Arlene

On the was home was stopped at the store and got another loaf of the delicious wheat.grain bread we found and we bought more pineapple at another roadside vender.

 Fish anyone?

When we stopped there was also a vendor cutting up a HUGE fish. I does not appear that there is any concern here about keeping anything refrigerated or away from the ever present dust and dirt.

Before arriving back at the hotel we ran out of gas but Pastor Aaron hailed a motorbike and off he went only to return a few minutes later carrying a container of gas, I cut the bottom off of an empty water bottle to use as a funnel and in no time we were back on the road. I was thankful for a plastic serrated knife to spread peanut butter!

After arriving back at the hotel I was left to rest and have dinner as the team had some personal errands to do. I decided to bread from the traditional fish I have been having and have pizza. Huummnn not the best idea as after waiting an hour the pizza was very overcooked on top and all the center, except the very edge, was completely raw.

Well it's now bedtime and they have not gotten the redone pizza to me yet but by now I think I will just say it was a good try on both our parts. I'll try something else from the menu tomorrow. :-) :-) :-)

I would appreciate your prayers for the next 4 evenings as I have a village crusade scheduled every evening. Please pray for:
  • Open hearts for the Gospel
  • A fresh anointing from the Holy Spirit for me and the translators
Huge blessings on allof you for your faithfulness.
That none would be lost,

Arlene
for the team

No comments:

Post a Comment