Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11 - a day at Kauga Prison

Ministry Partners,

It is so hard to believe that this ministry trip will end in 9 days and although Pastor Geoffrey has a crusade and other evangelistic outreach ministry to do there are only two more prison crusades.

Pastor Aaron left early this morning with the van to see about getting the part to replace on the left side of the car and get it washed. The red dirt and dust is everywhere and when it rains the red mud is everywhere.

I am so enjoying having a relaxing breakfast in the garden here it's so quiet in the morning unlike the evenings/nights here. As I waited for Pastor Aaron there was time to take a brief nap.

Pastor Geoffrey, Alfred and I got into a discussion about a number of biblical "questions" including the topic of Apostles.

Pastor Aaron was delayed and without his phone so the team waited not knowing why. Pastor Geoffrey called the prison and told them that we were delayed but that we were coming. When Pastor Aaron did arrive he looked somewhat frazzled and tired. Then we found out the details of why he was late.  The policeman stopped him because of the missing piece of molding and be because he did not have his phone, the number actually, to call the van rental place the officer would not let him go and began to try an extort money from him. Finally after many hours he was allowed to leave after he borrowed a phone and called an officer that was a friend of his. Wheeeeew, just proof we would see God do great things today.
 
As we drove to the prison street vendors are everywhere as are roadside business like a "garden center", next best thing to Al's in Woodburn!

 This roadside garden center photo is especially for Mallory Gwynn

After we arrived at Kauga Prison we found the Officer in Charge who was the Social Affairs person to be a nice looking, tall man who welcomed us and showed us where to set up.
 
The Social Affairs person, the Officer in Charge & Arlene

The prisoners were under a large porch type covering and I would be in the sun before them, to my back across the courtyard, at my back, were 8 woman.

I was grateful that the Officer in Charge gave me permission to go and greet each or the women prisoners.

The rain came and as I continued preaching in the rain the prisoners made room for the team under the covering but because I was concerned about falling on the slick wet cement floor I removed my shoes as my bare feet provided better traction and made the prisoners laugh but of course the whole bottom of my long skirt became soaked! Despite the rain we watched the Holy Spirit do an amazing work in the hearts of the prisoners. The Bibles sets and blankets we brought brought smiles and applause from the prisoners but we did not hand out the bibles as we knew we did not have enough for everyone.

After the nap this morning I find it hard to understand why I am so tired this evening, but I am so .... after a fish dinner I find myself trying to get this post written but keep dozing off and it's only 9:30. I guess that's all for tonight. :-) :-)

Only one more prison, and that's tomorrow.

Thanks for covering this ministry, team and me with our pryers,

Arlene
for the team

No comments:

Post a Comment