Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4 - Another Miracle ...........

Ministry Warriors,

Today has been another day that is an answer to your prayers and ours. Today was evidence that God opens door no man can shut.

The place I am staying is also hosting a conference for police and military so to say I feel safe is an understatement BUT the noise level until after midnight was not even deafened by my earplugs!!! I was happy to be informed that tonight is their last night. The nice firm bed is not something I have experienced since I left home so my back was especially happy, so much so that even though I am generally an early raiser I didn't stir until I heard Alfred's tapping on the door. Ooops I almost missed the teams 8am breakfast time.

Breakfast here comes with the room and the item choice was ours to make last night before retiring. Chapatis, thick Omelets, sausage and fresh African tea. We also had them cut the wonderful pineapple Alfred bought last night from a roadside peddler who ran up to the van while we were stopped in "a moving parking lot". I had forgotten about the traffic here and there is just no way to describe it. Rwandan highways are busy with vans and lots of motor bikes and people alongside the roads but traffic here is just plain ridiculous with two lanes of two way traffic being made into 5 or 6 at the drivers will, choosing that spot with their front finder and giving no signal. Pastor Aaron does a marvelous job of never taking his eyes off the cars or bikes with women riding sidesaddle, and other things artfully loaded behind the bike driver and then them cutting in and between vehicles and other bikes at will. If you can nudge your front fender there first ...... you win and get the spot and of course the dirt sides of the paved roads are good for driving when the street is too packed. I am surprised that I actually see a few cars that have indented fenders.

 I saw a glimpses of the village and town night life here last night when we came in. It's like any huge outdoor nightlife celebration, music and all BUT with no streetlights and only a dim light here and there and once in awhile you see an old TV propped up ....... the best thing to a American drive-in, there are blocks of wood to sit on or stand there just is no car.

After breakfast we headed into the city center to connect with the Prison Officials. We were informed while we were still in Rwanda by Pastor Geoffry that our request to do ministry in 6 prisons was denied. But while we were in Rwanda, in a meeting with Commissioner Dativa, she called a friend of hers here who is the Agriculture Commissioner of Prisons and made us an introduction with him. 
When we met with him today, in his office, he called the Deputy Commissioner of Prisons, who had refused our application, and asked her to see us. We when proceeded to her office where upon entering found a Commissioner who was not to happy to see us and made it QUITE clear.
After more than a bit of discussion I gave her the pattern and sample of the women's feminine hygiene product that I had promised to bring her last year, if God brought me back. I won't go into all the details but  she began to soften a bit and then Alfred asked me to share my testimony with her. By the time we left our 1 hr. and 45 min. meeting she was smiling and laughing and allowed me to have my photo taken with her. We also had an approved authorization to enter 6 Ugandan prisons. She asked us to go to some different prisons than what was on our additional request and we were glad to comply. I left the office really liking her and her assistant also with a new appreciation of what these Commissioners face.

Pastor Geffory, Alfred and I tried to not show too much emotion, like shouting YAHOO and praise the Lord, until we got outside and away from the prison administration facility but as we glanced at each other our eyes were dancing!!!! This was another miracle we were able to watch God do before our eyes. Yes, it is true we are watching God pour out His power and answering all our prayers with a "Yes" and even more than we ask!

There have been some additions/changes to the existing itinerary, here are some:
  • July 6  -  Evening village crusade- Pastor Goeffery
  • July 10 - Crusades at Bugembe Prison YP a.m. & Bugembe Prison YO
  • July 11 - Crusade at Bufulubi Prison a.m. & Bugembe Prison p.m.
  • July 13 - Crusade at Kamokya Church
  • July 14 - Crusade Lugazi Prison
  • July 15 - Crusade at Mukono Prison
  • July 16 - Crusade at Lugazi Church 
  • July 17 - Crusade at Wakiso District
Thank you warriors for your continued prayers. Would you add to the prayer list for us:
  1. Open hears for the Gospel and the message of Forgiveness
  2. That all team members would get the needed rest and rise each morning refreshed
  3. For my health
Only 16 days of ministry left.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

2 comments:

  1. and God continues His work wherever you go. It's amazing how God can change a hardened heart. Thanks for what you do for Him and may you find peace and rest throughout the day! Blessings and prayers, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Huge, Huge, Huge Miracle that the decision was reversed! Praise God!!!! Continuing to pray...Love your descriptive stories too!! :) Sending Love, Robin

    ReplyDelete