Monday, August 8, 2016

Aug. 7, 2016 ….. Good Morning Kenya !



Ministry Partners,
 
I awoke around 4:45 before the alarm went off at 5 so I was ready when the guys came for my bags. We loaded up and then they went to get some breakfast before we headed out. The airport was a short drive and we arrived in good time. After unloading, we said goodbye to Aaron and Geoffrey who are heading back to Kampala today.

When we arrived at the airport Foursquare Pastor Joseph Michieka sent a driver to pick us up and take us to his church. 

Arlene & Pastor Joseph


I was told I would probably only introduce us but in actuality I spoke for 1 hour and 10 min. and the woman who translated for me into Swahili was excellent and quite fast. It’s amazing when I finish sharing about what God has taught me about forgiveness and I challenge those who know God’s forgiveness to forgive others or themselves how the Holy Spirit works as among the crowd women stand to forgive those who raped them.

The pastor and church was ever so happy with the Swahili Bible sets we brought with us from Uganda. It’s a church filled with such sweet people. We were ushered back into the pastor’s office after the service and given a most delicious bowl full of beans and rice. I’m being honest, the way the beans were seasoned needs to be bottled, they were the best I have ever had. The proof ….. I had a bowl and ½ and the lady serving still wanted to give me more!

Pastor Joseph drove us to Heart Guest house for missionaries and other Christian workers where we met and discussed prison ministry for awhile but set another meeting here tomorrow at 11. This place reminds me of a retreat center with no T.V.’s or distractions and it is good size There is a group of 24 women here and my room is next to some of them and a group of 4 men from Albany, Oregon on the side where Alfred is. Pastor Joseph told me that Humberto Paz, a Foursquare gentleman I know, will be here tomorrow. 

Dinner tonight was buffet style and very delicious with the “softest” chicken I have had in Africa.

I have purposely stayed up today so that I will sleep very well tonight. It will be nice to spend a couple of nights in the same place. I guess I am really not the “live out of a suitcase” kind of girl! But my time in Africa is going far too quickly. 

Thank you partners for your continuing prayers.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment