Sunday, July 24, 2016

JULY 24, 2016 Oh what a beautiful baby



Ministry Partners,

It’s is a bright sunny Sunday in Kisoro where we will be doing ministry at Grace Community Church.
 
 Who knew the donated scarf I gave to the pastor's wife would match her dress!
Every place I have stayed in Africa offer a free breakfast, some are skimpy but always include an omelet as they call it which appears more like a very flat round of scrambled egg and toast or bread. It’s up from there with African Tea, sausage, Samos’s, fruit and one time even yogurt. They don’t serve any food where we are staying so we went to the same nearby restaurant that we had dinner at last night.

Breakfast was interesting as the guys had a HUGE plate of seasoned matoke with other ingredients that were hard for me to identify and we had all ordered African tea and I had ordered a Chapatti, a flat bread, and a bowl for my granola. While the guys got theirs and I could see the Chapatti in the case ..... it did not arrive until they had eaten almost all their breakfast. I was thankful for the peanut butter that I always carry as I added it to ½ of the Chapatti and folded it over, cut it in strips and downed it with my African tea, it was time for us to set off for the village. The bowl for my granola arrived as we were leaving. 

The church was about 20 min. from where we are staying so it was only a short rough drive. Yesterday the pastor told us that this district boarders Rwanda and Congo. Alfred says that the Rwandans who settled here named themselves after the mountain, Muhabura, and they call themselves, Bafumbira. They call their language Kifumbira but it is actually Kinyarwanda which is how Alfred and Aaron translated today.

Although church was to start at 10 we started at 11 and went until 3, 4 hours total and Geoffrey said they would have stayed longer! The children, youth and adults all sang a song accompanied by two large round floor drums. The church was quite large for here and the most clean village church I think I have been in.
 The pastor's beautiful baby girl.

I could not help but laugh when the pastor said he was glad I spoke about “Forgiveness” as he was going to forgive and not get after the deacons because they were late this morning.

I had the opportunity, after I spoke, while the whole church danced and praised God, to hold the pastor’s 3 month old baby girl as he and his wife both participated. What a treat! It was such fun watching Aaron, Geoffrey and Alfred all dancing with Alfred jumping quite high in the air as they just praised the Savior.

The Pastor and his wife were gracious and invited us to eat with them along and 4 other pastors that were there. While we were eating it began to rain but had cleared a bit as we left.
 
Alfred was able to get a photo of the mountain that had been covered with a thick mist when we arrived.

I am thankful for each one that responded to my messages today, may the Savior be praised.

Tomorrow we head north and go to another prison, stay overnight and the following day head to Kampala.
That none would be lost,
Arlene

1 comment:

  1. glad you finally got some breakfast. Sweet baby girl that you got to hold. Happy and blessed sleep to you and a great week ahead. Hugs, Becky

    ReplyDelete