Sunday, July 17, 2016

July 17 -


Ministry Partners,

What an amazing day!!!

Pastor John from the Foursquare Church that I met last year sent us to a new church, Hope For New Life Church, he is planting about 40 miles from Kampala when I asked if I could go to one of the Foursquare churches he also pastors. We stopped by his Kampala church where his wife met us and sent one of the men there, Pastor Charles, to accompany us and give us directions.

We hit some traffic although it was Sunday and at one point we passed a terrible accident were the car was upside down to which Alfred said, "Looks like weekend wine." When I asked him to explain he said because it was a weekend and no work the person drank too much wine and was probable drunk.

I was concerned that we were so late arriving at the church 11:30 but the African people are far more gracious about "time" than us Americans. We were warmly welcomed as soon as we entered the beautiful massive huge church, a duplicate two story of Pastor John"s Kampala Church and the service was turned over to our team.

During my preaching I talked  about "Fear" and how it can dominate our lives and how Satan uses fear to cause us to make poor choices for ourselves in an effort to get us to destroy our own lives. I shared my personal story and then about King Uzziah  in II Chronicles. And how his arrogance caused him to enter the temple with an incense burner where only the priests were to enter. He refused to leave when he was confronted by the priests because of his fear, fear of what the people would think if he allowed some lowly priests tell him what to do. Then because of his disobedience to God's law and his pride God struck his whole body with leprosy. He never returned to the palace and his son ruled in his place.

As I gave the invitation I cautioned them about having fear about what others in the church thought about them if in fact they had been coming and presenting themselves as having a personal relationship with Christ when they recognized now for our object lesson that they actually only had head knowledge. The Holy Spirit brought 300+ to saving knowledge in Jesus Christ. I then spoke about "Forgiveness" and we did the object lessons for that and everyone stood and prayed the "Forgiveness Prayer" over someone else or themselves.
We finished at 1:00. It was a time of giving PRAISE for sure. I cannot help but praise Him when I watch the Holy Spirit work in such powerful ways.


When I spoke with Pastor John later in the evening to thank him for the wonderful opportunity he said it was just the message that that new church needed.

One the way home we once again got involved it some type of political parade and then stopped along side the road to buy some fruit and veggies to take to Alfred's Grandmother (90+) and sister (with her child) who lives at the same property Pastor Geoffrey rents from Alfred.
Arlene, Alfred's Grandmother, Alfred

 And while Alfred  was making his purchases I noticed other women nearby and quickly exited our van with my backpack filled with donated scarves and tracts. All the while Charles was on my heals, translating for me as I told them how much God loved them and Jesus provision for them as I put a tract and beautiful scarf in their hands. I just plain loved on them a bit and Charles took some photos of us. WHAT FUN!!!!

It turns out Pastor Charles is from Rwanda and was in prison for 8 years, he has a powerful story of God;s work in his life.


It was great to see Alfred's Grandmother and sister again and I had the opportunity to eat Jack Fruit for the first time. Huuummmm ......... I can say I tried it but just give me pineapple.

It was after 6 when we arrive at the hotel and all of us were to tired to think up something new for dinner so the had a whole Tilapia & chips again but this time we had some of the watermelon Alfred purchased this afternoon to finish our meal with. We asked again for American Ketchup but we had to settle for the jelled red sugared water that they call ketchup here.

Tomorrow it a BIG day for us. Please pray as we see the Commissioner of Prisons to set our prison ministry schedule and we finalize our bank application for an account.

I am blessed to be here, thanks sending me.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment