Wednesday, July 20, 2016

July 20 - We wern't scheduled be there

Ministry Partners'

Today we loaded up early to head out. With help from Pastor Arron the pickup was loaded with bibles, booklets and blankets for the prisoners in five prisons headed out at 7:30 with Pastor Geoffrey. They would stop at each prison along the way as they headed south and make a delivery. After we had breakfast and loaded up we left about an hour later.

Late last night Pastor Geoffrey spoke with the O.C.(Officer in Charge or as they have been called in the past Wardens) at the first prison we were to stop at and he was told that the prison we were approved to visit today was actually having visitors day and we were asked not to come today  but asked us to stop on our way back North. But he told us there was another prison close by that was also considered part of his so he gave us the number of the O,C. there but it was too late to be called last night. So Alfred called this morning and that O.C. was very welcoming when Alfred explained the situation and he promptly asked us to minister at his prison.

The prisoners welcomed us excitedly as Aaron started up the sound system with Lugandan music from a USB stick we had obtained last year. Alfred and I remained in the O.C.'s office for a with me sitting in a chair next to hm instead of across the table from him. He asked me LOTS of questions about America and our upcoming elections and then about my Portuguese nationally, although he spoke English well his accent and my tinnitus made it difficult for me to catch some words. He seemed pleased with his gift of some ties and a Bible/Booklet set. He was so friendly that I liked him instantly and when I asked for a photo for my report and I got him to laughing instead of being stern others in the room laughed. I love my age and the way I am respected here, I get away with LOTS!!!!

Arlene and O.C from Kakiika Prison

I preached to 3-400, gave an invitation, taught the ones who had received Christ who they now were n Christ and ended with a session on "Forgiveness." Aaron said he saw some of the men crying during this portion of my teaching. Man's schedule said we were not to be there but at the main bigger prison but God had another plan and the Holy Spirit had gone before us and spoke into the hearts of many.

Two prisoners shared before we left what it meant for us to spend time with them, gave us some scripture verses and asked us to please come back to which the other prisoners applauded. I got friendly mobbed as I left as I shook so many hands and spoke blessings over each one.

We stopped at three places before we found just the right one at a price we could afford. And while Alfred was getting us signed in I sat in our van with our IRM signs on the door and another van next to us with peopole getting ready to leave, it was from the Pentecostal Churches of Uganda so I could not help myself, I got out of the van and went over a introduced myself. We were having a wonderful time of sharing by the time Alfred and Aaron returned then they joined right in. One of them prayed for us and our ministry and I prayed for them and their ministry. It was a great time of fellowship and friendship between brothers and sisters in the Lord.

We were all hungry and the wait for dinner seemed a bit too long but we really enjoyed it when it did come.
I had had the peanut butter on whole wheat sandwich for lunch but the guys had opted for roadside food, goats meat and roasted bananas.

After dinner Aaron and I worked in the wireless microphone system as I ended up using a handheld mic today but it's working great now.

Tomorrow's another early morning as we must be on the road by 7:30 and it's after 11 now and I have yet to shower. It will be good to meet up with Pastor Geoffrey tomorrow.

I appreciate your grace with misspelled words and punctuation this late at night when I am so tired and this tiny computer, regardless to Mike working very hard to keep it working, has some real issues.

That none would be lost,
Arlene    

1 comment: