Thursday, June 12, 2014

June 12 - Bibles

Ministry Partners,

Today, we had a traditional breakfast and headed to the Bible Society of Rwanda to contact Octave and purchase the Rwandan Bibles.
After we found out the cost and exactly how many Bibles we could purchase the next step was to go to the bank, write a check on our account, get the money and then deposit the cash in the Bible Society account followed by taking that slip of Deposit back to Octave to prove that we had actually paid for the Bibles. If we had just given a check to Octave we would have had to wait at least 24hrs. for the check to clear before getting the Bibles.

 Over the years I have found Octave to be such a helpful person to work with and it was a bit sad for me to find out that he is being promoted to another position in the same office. I am sure the new person I will order from will also do a great job but I will miss Octave. He told me that when I notified him before I came and informed him that I was sorry but I would not be able to purchase as many Bibles as prior years that he and his staff made it a matter of prayer every morning. As I said I am going to miss working with him!!!!

At one point Pastor Peter arrived looking, as they would say in Rwanda, "very smart" in his usual suit and tie. He and I have some of the most fun discussions where we continue to learn from each other. Having wonderful friends, family really, like him and his sweet wife Merculie is a treasure given to me by the Lord. 

Next was a stop to order Discipleship Booklets to go with the Bibles. As seems to be the norm, the young man Alfred dealt with was a friend of his........I have ceased to be surprised!!! Alfred dickered well and procured a very good price for us.

We went back to Moucecore and Alfred sent our driver to get 32 cs. (12 bottles ea.) or water for the team as we do ministry. We had the traditional IRM lunch, a peanut Butter and jelly or honey sandwich, also making one for Philbert when he returned. Lest I forget everyone then had the customary water with a flavor packet from the states. I didn't realize how much they would like them when I started bringing them a few years ago. Sugar free and so much better than the glass bottled sugarie sodas here.

The water had no more than been unloaded than the beautiful Bibles arrived and were also unload.

Then it was an opportunity to sort suitcase items while Alfred went to get a Modem so I, hopefully, will be able to access the internet easily without trying to use the in house internet access. We'll see!

We ate dinner early for locals here, 6pm, fish, fries, fresh gr. beans with onions and carrots, rice with red sauce and of course pineapple.

As I was about to finish this post the man I met yesterday that is forming a Biblical Institute here with a number of local churches stopped by my room to say, "Lady, you better get ready to preach! My pastors want you to come to their churches and preach. When I return from Uganda in a couple of days we need to talk. OK?" Interesting, I just love the way God does things. He told those Baptist pastors about the story of this Foursquare Evangelist Pastor and they want me to come to speak to their churches!!!!! I am smiling at God's great goodness, I hope you are smiling with me.

Before closing this blog for today and getting to bed by 11 (I promised myself) I would like you to see the photo I was trying to post yesterday concerning the guys working hard at setting a new prison itinerary after the current requests from Correction Services Commissioner Dativa. My first prison crusade is Saturday, I will try and notify you here of the changes as they are about to happen .
  
Bishop Alexis, Pastor Peter and Alfred

I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself. Thanks again for your faithful prayer covering.
That none would be lost,

Arlene



1 comment:

  1. I took a moment to read your post from Thurs. Will read the other ones I've not seen soon. Thankful all is going well on your trip. It is always interesting how God works, His surprises bring joy to the heart! Prayers and look forward to more posts of your trip! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete