Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 15 ......

Ministry Partners.

What a marvelous day worshiping the Savior with the 700 Rwandans at Kamashashi Parrish. It was amazing to watch and listen to the 4 very large choirs rotating as they each did two songs before I spoke and the same after I spoke.
 
One of the pastors who does not speak English asked me, through Alfred, why I liked so much to hear them sing when I did not understand the words. He smiled and nodded in agreement as I told that believers have the same Holy Spirit and in worship language makes no difference. The Senior pastor speaks very little English and the third pastor, a personal friend of Alfreds, speaks very good English. I did the object lesson about being a child of God, and Jesus being the King of King making us, when believers, a Prince or Princess.
I used one of the young women who had just received Christ as Savior to put the royal, gold lame, robe on and a crown. As I was talking two men with high powered cameras appeared in front of us taking photos. I am trying to get a copy! We watched God pour out His power again today as the Holy Spirit ministered to the hearts of the precious people.
 
These 3 pastors and 1 wife took the team to lunch where the Senior pastor  told us, "Many pastors come and speak but none demonstrated the genuine love for them that you did". He said that's why the women leaders, of the 400 women, had a brief meeting after church and agreed that if I could make time they wanted me back for a conference. Alfred told them how tight our schedule was and I said it was something we could all pray about for next year if God brings me back.  I am thankful that they were able to see the love of Christ that God has poured into me.

Alfred and I are both looking forward to seeing what God will do with today's events. We found such favor with everyone today that perhaps an expanded Rwandan partnership with these wonderful pastors is in His plan. I can't wait to see what will transpire.

There was no afternoon rest as preparations needed to be made for tomorrow. We will spend a short time with the children at the IRM office then head to town for some supplies, followed by a visit to a young man who has been a friend of Alfred's for a long time and a friend of IRM for a number of years who just lost his father.

The duffel bag developed a 6" slit in it so I did a bit of mending on it before we had company,

Alfred's beautiful sister, husband and 3 month baby boy came for dinner and a brief visit.

I am tired tonight so it's 9:30 and time for a shower and lights out.

Blessing on all of you from all of us.
That none should be lost,

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. good thoughts on a great day for you. Hope you feel refreshed by a good night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete