Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 11 - Prayer changes things

Ministry Partners,
I am living proof that exhaustion and earplugs (that silence the barking dogs and EARLY morning rooster's crowing) were a very good combination as I slept until 8:40. I probably would have slept longer but by overusing my earplugs last night ( :-) ) they were worn out and did not conceal the loud talking next door.
We had a rushed breakfast of an omelet, French toast, fresh pineapple and Rwandan tea and headed into towm.
Today we watched God provide for us in ways that can only be called miracles and I know they are only the first of many!!!
Alfred called the Commissioner of Prisons (Dativa)  and asked if she was in and if we, Pastor Peter, himself and I,  could have an impromptu meeting with her today? Such a thing is unheard of here, meetings must be requested,  in writing, FAR in advance.Yes she was in, be there at 11:30. When we arrived she was already in a meeting so we waited about 10 minutes before a tall beautiful woman in African dress exited.
Dativa gave me a huge hug and asked how I was while asking us not to sit at her desk area but rather the area reserved for "conversation with friends".
She asked us not to go to one prison as the area I would preach from is under construction but approved us to go to a Youth Prison and then informed us that they had closed one (new to me)  prison I had requested to go to and they had dispersed the prisoners to Butari and Mpanga Prison. Because she wanted those prisoners to also hear the Gospel she asked if we would consider going there. Although I had not planned on going back there this year I told her we would be happy to comply with her wishes.
She is also setting up a huge day event for us at the prison that caught fire, having herself and lots of other Gov. officials there. Because of that new request involving the participation of other offfficials she asked if we would write up a NEW request to enter prisons document for her to sign, promising we could pick up our new stamped/signed document on Friday.
No time to explain here, the event will be one of my great stories to blog later or when I return. Please pray that not only would the prisoners have prepared open hearts for the Gospel but so would the Gov. officials. A meeting worthy of praise to the Savior.

We were in her office about an hour and when we left there sitting outside the inner office was the lady who had left Datvia's inner office earlier...........waiting to go back in to finish her meeting with Dativa.

Alfred informed me, last Sat., that he found out that although the money would be received by the bank here on Monday we would not have access to the money until Friday!!!!! Being here for a week with no funds was not something I would ever choose so asking that you pray that we would find favor with everyone we encountered was a very important request, for sure, as our funds were released to us while we were there today. Praise to Jesus again!!!

Then Pastor Peter, Alfred and I met with another IRM partner, Bishop Alexis, at his office as we discussed a new itinerary according to Commissioner Dativa's requests. We took the new document to the printers and then took it back to Dativa's office for the official stamp and her signature.

Pastor Peter had other errands so he left us while we stayed in town to purchase some supplies for the Welcome Dinner and the IRM lunches. It was so late we decided to have dinner in town before heading to the airport to check on my luggage situation. They told us some had just arrived and we could go in and see if mine was there. The luggage was everywhere so Alfred got a cart and I began looking, yes there was 1 bag, I kept looking, yes the 2nd & 3rd bag but the 4th bag appeared to not be there. I went through the myriad of bags from the plane again ..... and there was the 4th bag. As we were heading for the final security checkout I could see others were not a fortunate as me because they were back at the "Lost & Found" office with an empty cart.  
The bags had been in Brussels so long that you would see that the TSA had plenty of time to go through everyone's bags as I observed suitcases partly unzipped and although mine were not unzipped the zip ties were cut off. In every bag I had a printed sheet of the contents with the bag weight inside and on the top of the contents as well as I carry a copy with me. In checking the inventory sheet of one bag it appears the TSA personal that checked mine either liked Peanut Butter OR they we not sure what it was and wanted to try it ........ 2 jars were missing. I think I am fortunate and blessed that they left 3 for me!!!!!! Another reason for praise.

I met a man, from the East Coast of U.S. who is staying here that is starting a Bible Institute here and his church affiliations is large in the U.S. and here. He want's to distribute our Discipleship Booklet and whenever time allow this year or next perhaps he has invited to have me speak to some of them. An unexpected praise to Jesus.

So as you can tell God has poured out His grace and faithfulness in the 1st day. For some reason it will not let me add any photos tonight. It is 1:30 am so it's way past time for bed.

Thank you so much for praying for us, words cannot tell you how much your partnership is appreciated.

Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment