Saturday, December 28, 2019


Ministry Partners,
it is an amazing thing that when I go to write this blog and I tried to think back over the things that have happened since breakfast it says it is I am thinking about things that happened three days ago.
Because the prison that we were visiting first this morning was close we not have to get up extra early and we were at the prison by 9 o’clock. The OC was there and welcomed us to small farm prison.

The men were seated on huge big piece of orange tarp and most of it was shaded by the one large tree that they had me standing under. But at one point the sun had moved around so I stopped what I was teaching and asked the guard who was with us if it would be possible for the men to stand up and move the tarp closer under the shade. I was happy that he gave his permission for them to do so.
Almost all the men responded to the invitation to receive Christ’s free gift of salvation according to Ephesians 2:8&9, praying the prayer to forgive someone else or themselves and there were those who chose to hold themselves and apologize to someone they had an offense with after being taught that this was the beginning step of reconciliation.

 It is interesting that Satan has so many in bondage because they think that making things right once a relationship has been broken or there has been an offense is a very difficult thing. It is not, saying sorry is just a way to begin the reconciliation process.

After we had finished we asked a few of the men to tell us what it meant for us to be there today and how God worked in their hearts. One man said that he was so thankful for my company because I spoke to the fear that he had, a fear of what he planned to do when he was released. He said his wife had been having affairs with many men and she had taken his children and disappeared. He said that he had been planning, once he was released, to hunt her down and cut her head off but today after hearing me speak he made the choice to forgive her.

Another inmate said he was grateful for my coming because I spoke to his heart about the many wrong choices that he made and he had great pain in his heart over those choices but today he forgave himself.

It is interesting to me as I prepare to leave each prison difference the atmosphere around the men and women prisoners is. They cannot help but smile because the good choices they made for themselves today is proof something to themselves. Although they are known for making poor choices today they found that with the help of the Holy Spirit, they could make good choices.
Then we are off to our second person of the day. Driving through the cotton fields to this next farm prison was interesting to see that the cotton was not in bloom yet. This is a much larger prison and neither the OC or the Deputy OC were there to welcome us. 

The next time you see me asked me about the funny episode right before it was to speak.
There were about 600-700 that came to you and me speak. Some are sitting on benches and others were standing also were sitting on the ground. There was a bit of sketchy shade for both the prisoners and for me.

Everything that happened at this prison as far as the person’s responses was similar to the earlier prison this morning but the responses from the prisoners after we finished were quite different. When prisoners said that having heard the forgiveness message he urged his fellow inmates to forgive each other. He told him this kind of word is rare.

With the second prisoner said humbled me. He said he wanted me to know that the words I spoke today had the highest degree of touching their hearts as the dinner bell had gone off to call inmates to go and receive their food but that they chose to stay and listen and not one inmate stood to go to lunch.

I do not have words, I do not have words, I do not have words.

Handshakes and smiles ensued with thank you to those who could speak English as I prepared to go. Man remind you that I am 75 years old, I am blessed beyond measure and I am having the best time of my life watching the Holy Spirit work.

Aaron decided that it would be a idea to make the two hour drive to the next town we would be doing another prison. That way we will not have to get up so early. It was a great decision as we had the opportunity to drive through Queen Elizabeth State Park during the day. Previously we had seen 2 baboons but today we also saw 8 buffalo, 3 warthogs and 3 elephants. We do not do safaris or go to the game parks so it was a special treat to see the animals today.

As we were driving along I reached up to touch the back of my neck and realized that I was covered with blisters. I had slathered my neck face and arms with sunscreen because I knew it would be standing in the sun speak but I never had anything like this happen before. 

It just proves that Satan is doing all he can because he is not happy with what we are doing. But Jesus has the victory.

Everyone is getting ready for New Year’s celebrations here so it was hard for us to find a room but finally after the fourth try we were able to procure rooms and a quiet hotel.

 Please know that this blog is late due to lack of internet here at times. If you do not get a current blog every day it will be due to no internet service.

Appreciate prayer that my back would heal quickly.

That none would be lost,
Arlene


1 comment:

  1. Dear Lord, touch and heal blisters on Arlene's back. Give her comfort and peace throughout her days and nights. May God's presence be known to u and others as well. In Jesus' name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete