Friday, December 20, 2019

Dec. 20

Ministry Partners,
There is so much to get done before we start ministry on Sunday and yet we accomplish so much every day. The truth is that anything that would take me 30 min. to do at home can sometimes take at least 1/2 a day to most of the day. Travel or should I say moving parking lots and pot hole roads both add to the minutes of the day ticking away. I admire the people here who get so much done despite those issues.
Today we arrived at the Bible society office at 10 a 1plus our drive only to find out that the particular person, Daniel, who needed to help us was caught in traffic and we were asked to sit and wait. By 11:30 Arron Aaron decided to board a bodaboda (motor bike) and head back to our hotel as the Discipleship Booklets, that go with each bible, were being delivered at 1 and they needed to be paid for. Pastor Peace and I continued to wait and about 12 Daniel arrived. Although they had approved my order some 2 1/2 months ago he informed me that only 1/2 of the large print English bibles, 600, were now available for me and he was substituting a much smaller print bible for the other half.

I explained that most prisoners do not have glasses and those inside in the late of day have no lights so they really need the large print. To say I was disappointed is to say the least. Nevertheless, watch cases of bibles being loaded onto our rented truck made my heart sing. God's beautiful written word would soon be in the hands of many prisoner.
Aaron had still not returned to drive me and the van back to the hotel so Peace and I got in the front of the truck with the driver and hes helper rode in the back, holding on as we hip pothole after pothole. Somehow by taking a different route back we missed Aaron who had taken another bike back to get the van.
After the bibles were unloaded Peace and I labeled bags with prison names and the number of the booklets that particular prison would receive. We the counted out over 2,500 booklets filling each bag with just the correct amount. Peace says she is learning much from me about organization. We finished in record time and sat down to eat dinner after a call from Aaron said he was running another errand.

Yummy local fish and chips with such delicious salad, ate it first so no photo, I know I'm taking a chance but starved for something fresh.
Alfred has been involved by phone as much as possible by he said since we were having dinner and safe he would be off to bed, it was 2am in Australia. IRM may be small but we have a dedicated group of partners ....... I am blessed for sure!
A call to Apollo made us aware that he was also stuck in traffic but was on the was with SOME of the blankets, hygiene products and soap we had purchased through him. It's so nice to not have to go purchase them ourselves. He always gets us as much as he can for the funds we provide.
As we finished eating Aaron arrived and as he finished eating Apollo arrived. He said he would deliver the rest of the blankets tomorrow morning.
Good think we have enough for Peace to go with the truck tomorrow morning early, 7am for loading, to start offloading our bibles and supplies to some of our first prisons.
Aaron and I spent 3 hours getting supplies divided for the prisons and getting our paperwork done. It's now about 10:30 which means I will get to bed before midnight!
Thanks again for your prayers.
That none would be lost,
Arlene

1 comment: