Friday, July 22, 2022

July 21 - A great morning meeting

 Ministry Partners,

 
 Bishop Burton & Bishop Arlene

Today started off with a great breakfast meeting with Bishop Burton from Tanzania, who traveled the long distance from there to meet with us. He previously worked as a Regional Commander of Intelligence there. I will share later some of the details from the VERY informative meeting about prison ministry that we talked about. Additions to IRM's ministry might be coming, only God knows what he has in mind for 2023.

After the meeting Alfred headed to town to finalize everything with the company we rented the van from, Aaron took Bishop Burton to catch his flight and I sent him off with 2 new ties, which he was thrilled with,c  and a scarf for his wife. Then I resumed packing.

At about noon there was a knock on my door, it was Alfred to get my shoes on as it was time for his lunch date with his mom! So, off we went to town to a place he had picked out. 

 
Alfred's lunch date with his mom ....... me

First time in over 10 years for me, we each had a milkshake (Coconut Kiwi) and it was absolutely delicious and thick. Then we decided to split and BBQ chicken sandwich was also delicious. This was an extra special lunch as we both knew that we will leave Uganda for Australia and America tomorrow.   

As we were sitting there enjoying our meal a tall beautiful young woman walked up to the table, looked down at Alfred, and said, Well, Alfred Mupenzi." and as Alfred looked up at her he quickly rose from his seat and they grabbed each other in a long embrace. I am not sure how she recognized him as she was sitting some distance away and he had his back to her. She is a cousin to Alfred, her mother was Alfred's mom's younger sister, but they grew up together so she is more like his sister. They had not seen each other in over 7 years. Alfred was thrilled to say the least and they only chatted for a few minutes.

Later in the evening we drove to the home of the lady, Julie, who owns the hotel where we have been staying for dinner. I had met her before and she wanted me to come and share "my story" with her. I just so happens that she grew up in the same refugee camp as Alfred and is two years his senior. But when we arrived she introduced us to her first "adopted daughter" who she cares for and is 26 years old. It turns out she is ALSO Alfred's cousin that he had never met and did they ever have a great time greeting each other.

Then Julie asked me to share my story with her and Alfred's cousin, which I did. And by the time I finished the Holy Spirit had added two more precious souls to the Lambs book of Life! Alfred was ecstatic. We had a delicious feast prepared by Julie's chef and then he rode back to town with us. A very nice man who spoke great English.

Alfred and I finished the IRM financial stuff and then it was off to bed at 11:30 and I was too tired to post this blog so I so I decided to do that in this morning.

We took Alfred to the airport at 6am and he flies out about 11:45am. I am not even going to try and explain how hard it was to say goodby to him!!!!!!

I leave for the airport at 6pm  to make sure I am there by 8pm and will then fly out at 11pm. I appreciate your prayers that check in goes well and the 7 hour layover in Amsterdam is not extended or the flight cancelled.

That none would be lost,

Arlene

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to end your time there - 2 more souls saved! God is so amazing. Praying for a safe trip home and more people to share the gospel with on your way home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice last day you had with Alfred with lunch and him meeting a cousin. Another day of two more people following Jesus. PTL!!! Have a safe trip back home and praying all goes well especially the wait time. Hugs and blessings!!

    ReplyDelete