Tuesday, September 1, 2009

23 days and counting !!!!!


My Friend, Katilda

On my second trip to Rwanda I met 73 year old, Katilda one day as I was handing out scarves and tracts in one of the villages. She had fallen two years before and broke her left upper arm, which is still dislocated and she had never been to the doctor!!!.
My heart was broken as I was told that there was nothing I could do for her. I have visited her on my return trips, taking her rice, beans, soap. ect. and she always tells each new interpreter that goes with me how I cried the first day I met her.
The last time I saw her I had the privilege of hearing her ask Jesus for forgiveness and to be her Savior. This precious woman who calls me "friend" is now my sister in Christ. I hope I will be able to see her this trip.

Pastor Dustin has all the pages up on the web site and although he says he still needs to refine it some I think he did a great job of conveying the heart and focus of IRM. If you have not had a chance to do so before, go check it out, it really is very informative. The addy is:

~ www.newlifeirm.org ~

A big "THANK YOU " to you, Pastor Dustin

"Thank You" also, to two of my neighbors, Jean and Norma, who helped me yesterday package donated womens' scarves (800) and mens' ties (400), a tangible gift of God's love. For many it will be the first "gift" they have ever received.

May your day be filled with the Lord's peace and presence,

Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment