Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Greetings Ministry Partners from the Beautiful country of Rwanda

Sunday was the first day of ministry and I shared my testimony at Vivante Church and challenged them about forgiving their enemies. It is a very large church and I met with the pastor and his staff following the service, Pastor Deo from Prison Fellowship is the assistant pastor there. I was invited to speak with a group of about 50-60 (of the total 80) of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Some are married to each other and ALL are dying of HIV. This church is struggling to support them financially but most importantly they are supporting them spiritually.

Yesterday, I returned to Ntsinda Prison and had the opportunity to share the "Gospel Message" to the 4,500 inmates who came.
Today, I returned to minister in Relima Prison, where 2,000 attended.
To each one of you who have been praying for the Holy Spirit to prepare their hearts........
HE IS
. More than I ever could have imagined. It's all I can do to keep from dropping to my knees on the spot to offer our Savior....PRAISE.
I will keep this short as internet service here is, shall I say....lacking in all areas, quality and quantity. Sorry, previous posts have not been able to make it through.
WE are, we are, we are finding favor with the wardens and the Rwandan pastors and others helping us are already praising God along with us as we are watching and seeing God do GREAT and unheard of things.
I asked you to pray along with me that I would find favor with the wardens. And God is answering that prayer for sure!!!!! One warden who also oversees a complete district made a personal visit to see me tonight. She has offered her personal transportation to pick us up when I am scheduled to visit another prison in her district.
I could tell you my cup is full but actually, the truth is, it's full, running over and developing a very huge, wonderful, puddle around my feet.
Tomorrow I return to minister with the 26 ladies, dying of HIV, that I worked with last year.
So, I am off to bed
Please continue to pray, pray, pray......

Praising God along with you.

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. Arlene, So glad to hear that God is at work again in the prisons and using you to touch them. Praying for continued strength and rest for you. Dan

    ReplyDelete