Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Bible of their very own.


Ministry Partners
,

Let me introduce you to this group of dying Rwandan women who walk 3 miles, twice a week, to meet at Pastor Deo's (Prison Fellowship International -Rwanda) office. Still traumatized from the 1994 Genocide that ravaged their country, they receive counseling and encouragement. Although there is usually no lunch, as there are no funds for such luxuries, this day God provided a delicious lunch for us to enjoy together. The soft, colorful scarves you donated brought smiles to their beautiful faces......

But....... placing a new Bible and Discipleship Booklet in their hands caused a celebration time to break out with smiles, singing and dancing, worshiping God and giving Him praise for such a precious gift !!!!
"Thank you" to each ministry partner who contributed to
the "Bibles for Rwanda Project" It is a bargain and I know of no better way to spend $8, the current price. I will be spending one day with these wonderful ladies, eight of whom accepted God's gift of salvation last trip. Please pray for them and for me that the Holy Spirit would guide my words, all for His glory. The four babies that were there were beautiful and their mom's were gracious and allowed me to hold them.

It was a perfect ending to my time with them.

It appears I am not the only one counting the days until Sept.24, according to my Gmail chats, the IRM Rwanda staff and Pastor Deo are also counting.
Ten days to go... and yesterday was the team "packing party".... 12 tubs filled with sewing machines, scarves, ties and lots of other team supplies. A big "thank you" to Kristy, the sewing teacher, who decided to only take 8 sewing machines, leaving extra room for others supplies. It appears I will only need to pay for 1 piece of additional luggage this time. How is it that there is never enough luggage space to take all the tangible things we would like to bless them with?
But the fact remains that building relationships and
sharing the gospel message of God's love and getting His written word, the Bible, into their hands, is by far most important to me and the staff of IRM. Seeing the hope that resonates in their eyes as they ask Jesus for forgiveness and accept His payment for their sins, realizing He has their soul in safe keeping for eternity,
is such a privilege for me, and the IRM team, to see God do.


May our Lord richly bless each one of you as you partner
with me in serving the people of Rwanda.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment