Thursday, August 27, 2009

"27 Days and Counting"

The time has gone slowly and yet so very quickly as I have been focused on the Sept.24 trip. Every day more things get crossed off the very long "to do" list. Today was a big one as I turned in the message the Holy Spirit gave me to my friend Bobbie, at the church, to type for me. This one, "Fear" is about not allowing fear to motivate us into making poor choices for ourselves. Choices that are out of the will of God for us and far from His good and perfect plan for us. Funny, as God gives me a new message each trip for the prisoners and a message for the villagers, how much each message speaks into my own heart. To guide, challenge and encourage me as I continue to take small steps forward, all with His leading, strength and courage. I am so thankful for the many pastors at New Life Church who support me and give me wise council.

I met this lady in a village one day and although she was quite ill, a stool was provided for me to sit on and wait as she dressed in her "Sunday Best" to greet me. I was surprised to learn that I was the first "white" woman to ever visit there. As I heard voices hollering through the trees many villagers appeared in the clearing, just to see this odd woman with the pale white skin. Notice I did not say "old" as they think I am
40 - 45 !!!
And you wonder why I like being there?


This has been an exciting time for me as I have seen God open so many doors of opportunity not only in Rwanda but also here with many new churches allowing me to come and share some of what I see God doing in Rwanda and IRM's involvement there. Two weeks ago I had a wonderful time in Eugene, Oregon, sharing at Jubilee World Outreach Church and this weekend I will be sharing at New Life Church.

IRM Operations Supervisor, Alfred Mupenzi says Pastor Deo from Prison Fellowship International - Rwanda, has confirmed my itinerary with the wardens and others. Alfred is doing a wonderful job for IRM on his side of the globe.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete