Thursday, December 27, 2018

Dec.27

Ministry Partners,

It's hard for me to believe it's so hot here, I think it is actually hotter than when I come in the summer.
Street Children


Today after breakfast Aaron went into town to see if he could get whatever it is so that we need for our portable WiFi to work but came back empty handed as the shops were still closed for Christmas holiday.

Then we were off to Mpigi Prison. It was a small prison of 110 with 13 women. The told me to set up in a area just under a covered porch in front of where the men sleep. Half of the men were seated under a small tree the rest were seated against the wall in the sun. the women were brought in but sat a distance away just outside the entrance area. It was so hot with the sun beating down that I could not imagine the men sitting there for 2 1/2 to 3 hours so I put sunscreen on my arms and nose. Aaron was setting up the sound system and was not there to translate at the moment but the men understood as I moved my stuff off the covered porch and motioned the ones against the wall to take their place under the covered porch. It was an exceptional opportunity for me to show them the love God has put in my heart for them. Although they are always skeptical of the old white woman and I am not sure they understood the gesture by the end of our time together I think they understood that I was a genuine person with genuine God given love for them. By days end we had laughed, cried, danced and celebrated together.

After the regular crusade Aaron and I added a very brief skit to show them how to apologize to another person and ask for forgiveness. When we watched their response we knew we must do the skit after EVERY crusade.

I gave each woman a Bible and Discipleship Booklet set as well as a donated scarf. There was one baby who received a crochet cap. The bibles had been delivered a few days before and due to an interesting development we did not think we did not think we had enough bibles to give all the men one then Aaron remembered that we had a few in the van and went to retrieve them as the men danced and celebrated. Such excitement knowing they were going o get a copy of God's Word for themselves. As we divided them into two groups, one to receive English and the other to receive Lugandan. I asked Jesus for a loaves and fishes miracle so that every one would receive the language they needed and that is what happened with two bibles left! When Aaron put the music back on the prisoners stood and danced holding the bibles over their heads ....... what a wonderful sight!!!!

It took two hours to drive back to Kampala and when we got back Aaron took the van to be washed while I started writing this blog. After dinner a shower and then to bed by 10:30.

Please pray for:
  • Open hearts for the Gospel
  • Favor with everyone we meet
  • Strength for the team
  • For Aaron who drives, translates, sets up equipment, ect. 
That none would be lost,
Arlene

1 comment:

  1. Glad to to read your journey is going well! Stay cool my friend! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete