Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Day


Ministry Partners, 

Dec. 24, Christmas Day, what a wonderful day to be in Africa.
We were all busy today as once again the truck needed to be loaded early carrying bibles, booklets, blankets, soap and feminine hygiene products. Today the truck, driver and Pastor Peace will go a different direction dropping off its contents at a number of prisons that we will be visiting in a few days.  

When I arrived at the storage area, Pastors Aaron and Peace were already there but the truck had not yet arrived. Since Peace will not return until tomorrow, it was a perfect time to give each of them the small filled Christmas gift bag I had prepared for them. Since the truck still had not arrived, I decided to go back to my room to get something for Peace.  There was a narrow stone lined shallow ditch where I decided to cross and as I stepped to the edge, my left foot slipped and down, I went. I clenched my left fist and put it down to block my fall but my left shoulder hit hard slamming the left side of my face to the ground. I did not know I could fall so hard. Not exactly the way I wanted to start the day! I was stunned and hollered for Arron who came running with Peace to help me get up. I am so thankful that Jesus was watching out for me as if I had fallen at a different angle my shoulder and head would have slammed in the rock edging of the ditch instead of the dirt.

We had a quick breakfast and then we were off to Butooro Prison about a 2 hr. drive. It is a small farm prison of 110 prisoners.After we finished we traveled a short distance to Buwama Prison another small farm prison. The prisoners make my heart smile. They are so skeptical of this Musungu but after 15-20 minutes of our 3 hr. crusade, their demeanor changes and the smiles and “Amen’s” began. Today was such fun; it was my best Christmas ever. 
When Alfred heard he said, “Close to 200 salvation's for Jesus’s Birthday.”

Getting in and out of the van is difficult with my painful shoulder and I have to hold the seat belt next to my neck and under my chin as it is too painful to rest on my shoulder and by evening even my back was pretty sore. I am thankful for God’s strength that got me through two crusades today. 

We have two crusades tomorrow so I would appreciate your prayers for:

  • Open hearts for the Gospel
  • Safety for all the team as we travel late tomorrow back to Kampala
  • That Jesus would give me strength and bring healing to my body


MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY JESUS BIRTHDAY TO EACH OF YOU

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment