Saturday, August 1, 2015

Aug. 1

Ministry Partners,

So the packing has began in earnest.

My room maid, Olive, is just so sweet and works so hard keeping everything in my room and other rooms so clean. I always know when she has been working in the area as even the hall has a nice clean smell to it. I asked her to choose a shawl from the stack I was going to be giving away and she had difficulty finally asking me to just pick one for her. I told her it was her shawl and I wanted her to have the one one her choice. The donated shawls and shopping bags are making such nice gifts for those who have served and cared for the IRM team while we have been here.
Olive, sweeping my room carpet .......

.......... and cleaning the tile hallway with a wet towel
 Julius, one of my "sons", who works here came to my open window to say hello and let me know he watches when I close my curtains and go to bed. He was concerned as they closed earlier than usual last night (before 11pm) and he wanted to make sure I was alright. He is such a sweet man when I mentioned that I had spoken to the manager and he had told me that they had a scale in the kitchen that I could use to weigh my suitcases, he quickly went and got it so I could weigh the bag I had been working on. As he was hooking it in the doorway the yard man that cleans the steps in the morning appeared and insisted on helping so I would not have to lift.

Well ......... one suitcase is way over, I guess I will have to consider what else I need to give away but each gift is so very special to me. It will be hard to decide, I'm thankful that I'll have a couple of days to think it over.

Alfred and I had a great "Mom - Son" time this afternoon and talked about a number  of things important to both of us, he is such a blessing to my life. When we went for dinner I just wanted something  different from the delicious African flavored foods I had eaten for the last six weeks. Last year at this time I tried pizza and I will only say ...... it did not meet my expectations or desired taste bud flavor. But tonight I felt adventurous and decided  to try something I had seen on the menu the first night I got here ........ a Joka's cheeseburger & fries. When it came the size was more that I expected for sure and the taste was pretty good EXCEPT for the sliced hard boiled egg right under the cheese which I removed. There were lots of "relish items" on the top and bottom of sliced sm. peppers and sliced sm. red onion, ect. and a little salad on the side. Even though I had to do some compressing of the bread to get my bites all and all ...... Yummm!
A scarf & shopping bag for the sweet gal that serves our evening meals.


A hamburger of GIANT proportions

Tomorrow I will be visiting a new church for me, it's another one of the churches that Pastor Geoffrey oversees, it will be my last ministry speaking time. Please pray for open hearts for the Gospel.

It is so very hard to believe six weeks has passed and I only have one more night to sleep here but I am so thankful for each day I've been here.

Good night all.

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment