Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Aug. 3

Ministry Partners,

Today is my last morning to be awakened by the pounding rain outside and yet there was no time to lay there and enjoy the smell and sounds of God's provision for this beautiful country not forgetting that although there was resulting puddles there also was less red dirt flying.

I repacked some and gave away more, all the while praying that the weight would be alright and not over.

We were unable to have our last breakfast in the garden but did have it under the porch while discussing the events of the day. When I arrived back at my room there was a envelope under my door, it was from Julius. A long beautiful handwritten letter accompanied by a photo of his beautiful family including his sweet almost 2 yr. old baby girl.

We had a wonderful lunch with the Gov. officials we had worked with and then it was time to go back to home base for the last time for me, Alfred and Aaron will stay one more night since after taking me to the airport for my flight it will be midnight before they get back, far to late to find another place to stay.

When we arrived back at the hotel I had one of the staff come and need to talk for a bit then I called Alfred and we prayed together with them. Pray for God's leading and provision for O.

As we were loading up and about to pull out Julius appeared with pineapple, cut and fixed to transport, for us to snack on as we took the 2 1/3 - 3 hour journey to the airport in Entebbe. It's not that long a drive in miles but the traffic makes it that way. I am still amazed that in the dark with no street lights the vendors who are cooking absolute everything and others selling their wares can carrying on such business as the streets and "sidewalk areas" are filled with people. Many are not there during the day but appear at or after dark.

God was again so gracious to me as he know how nervous I get at check-in when I am by myself. Security check-in in Rwanda and Entebbe is at the entrance of the airport so no one is able to wait in line with me or accompany me to the counter. But this time Alfred told them, like he had last year with different results, that I was disabled and need help with getting my luggage checked in AND they told him to go ahead with me to the counter. GOD'S GOODNESS IS ALWAYS AMAZING!!! Alfred helped me get everything checked in and even the bag I had concerns about weighing too much was fine.

Then it was time to say goodby to my very special son. It seems to get harder for both of us as we don't know what God may have in mind for next year. 

Alfred, Arlene, Aaron & Geoffrey

Goodby Africa ~~~~~~ Portland, here I come ................

That none would be lost,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment