Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 24.......

Ministry Partners,

If I have not told you before.....your continued prayers are so important as evidenced today......I knew many were praying.


Life here in Rwanda does not just change day by day but indeed moment by moment.

Warden Datvia, (whom I first met at the 1930 prison in 2007 and again at Relima Prison last year has been promoted to Deputy Director General of Rwanda Corrections Services) is gone, traveling to different prisons in Rwanda so she was unable to meet with me today but requested a meeting on Friday. She also informed Pastor Peter, on the phone, that she had given instructions to all departments that the IRM application for entrances into the prison be given priority over any other application for final signature and release since it has been approved by the Commissioner General of Rwanda Correction Services. They reported to Pastor Peter a few minutes ago that the document "should" be ready tomorrow for us to pick up on Friday.

When Pastor Peter arrived at 10 we were on our way to Kayonza with Pastor Aaron driving from the right hand side and Pastor Peter seated on the left side, front seat while I was sitting behind but leaning ahead between the seats to chat with Pastor Peter. We were going around a curve when I saw a HUGE military style truck coming toward us but he was driving to fast for the curve and was unable to stay on his side of the line marked road and advanced so quickly in a "head on fashion" that I tell you the truth ...... all I had time to saw was "please Jesus" before the truck grazed the side of our van and I heard the sound of glass breaking. The truck never stopped and when we came to a complete stop and Pastor Aaron got out to examine the damage only the left side-view mirror was broken with not a single scratch on the van itself or more importantly.....ON ANY OF US!!!

For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield. Psalm 5:12 

As Pastor Peter and I discussed it a few minutes ago it was as if Jesus wrapped His hand around the van keeping all of us safe. We were not hit head on and Pastor Arron did not swerve so violently as to put us over the edge of the bank for us to roll down the hill. Pastor Peter and I agree, we ARE going to see God do great things during this trip and as he says "The enemy is really mad with us and what we are doing and will do", stating the document issue and the travel incident today. I am reminded AGAIN that I am a child of the MOST HIGH KING, who has the victory !!!!!

 Kayonza is where my dear friend Katilda lives. She is the lady I met in 2006 who has a dislocated upper left arm bone and she is 79 years of age. Last year when I visited I found that her legs were paralyzed so I was not sure what I would find. We stopped for a few supplies and as we parked the car I was concerned because she was not on her mat outside but a neighbor boy ran through her open door and then peered back at me.
 
As I walked up to the doorway, it was so very dark inside, I saw a pair of feet on the ground inside that I recognized.......they were Katilda's feet and as I stepped into the actual doorway I saw her smiling face. When she saw me she started to squeal (a sound I love to hear) and talk Kinyarwanda. I got down beside her and pulled her up as she held on to me so tightly, continuing to talk and squeal, patting me on the back. This hug from my dear friend lasted over 5 minutes, we were both making up for the last year.

Like she has told me the last few years, she told us again that she had a dream about me last night so she knew I was coming. She said again that she had been worried about me and my health and that she knew we would be together in heaven but she did not want me to die first......she wanted to die first. This precious friend has had so much loss in her life from the genocide, ect. that she did not want to deal with another "loss" in her life on this earth. She said she prays for me all the time and for what I am doing here but she does not realize what a treasure she and her friendship are to me. As the tears even now cascade down my cheeks as they did when I left her today.........I have no more words.

I will be traveling tomorrow about a three hours drive with Pastor Peter, Mercurie and Pastor Aaron to Eastern Rwanda for a Crusade that was added recently and is not on your itinerary but close to #7 Akagera. In addition I found out two days ago that I will be teaching leaders for two hours in the morning with the crusade at 3pm.
Pastor Ron & Annette, I remember what happened at Peter's Primacy in Israel and I know it was to prepare me for tomorrow for He has been reminding me of it today, the Holy Spirit will give me everything I need to share!!!

Thank you again for your faithful prayers, THEY ARE NEEDED.

That none would be lost.

Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment