Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4- Todays actual activities.........



Ministry Partners,


I decided since my notebook is working, the internet is working and I am able to post at least to this blog that I probably should do the actual one for today and then I am caught up.


June 4 --- Alfred arrived at 7:30 and we had a French toast, Peanut Butter, pineapple and Rwandan tea breakfast before heading off to the IRM office. I want to see the children we are ministering to and to sort the supplies that we left last year.It was good to see Philbert again and it’s nice to know we will have a van driver that is such a safe one.

The office and property are so small and 140 children just means there are children EVERYWHERE. A couple of times I crouched down to get at eye level with them but the crush of sweet little bodies was so great that when I tried to stand up I couldn’t. Alfred could not help laughing as he pushed through and extended a hand to help me stand.

A mass of tiny hands were all in my hair, just trying to touch, while there were so many other ting hands rubbing all over my arms and hands that at times I could not even see my own skin.
Alfred got a wonderful photo of one little girl who cupped my face in her hands and just looked so intently into my eyes. These most precious sweet children would steal even the most hardened heart.

Alfred moved our stored tubs from inside the computer office to a side storeroom so that we could sort them. Everything except for one tub we will take with us today to Moucecore and hopefully everything will be given away by the end of this trip.

Pastor Peter arrived back from the Commissioner General’s office without the signed document in hand but he was assured by Emmanuel that he could pick up the papers tomorrow with the days to visit Nsinda and Rilima changed to Wednesday and Thursday.
I am watching God work in Rwanda, in our itinerary and in my life and yet as he unfolds his plan for each day it catches me off guard because I am still so amazed to be a part of it all. Just when you think "all is lost" it is just other huge opportunity for God to show his power, blessings and faithfulness. Since I do not know the new way to say "I give you praise Lord" I will just have to keep saying it the same way…… I gave you praise Lord!!!

Pastor Peter, Alfred and I spent some time in a meeting to discuss the IRM property, ministries and where we think we can improve during the next year.

I hired two young men to carry the tubs down the road to our van and I could not help but grab my camera to take a photo. One of the young boys stacked two of the huge largest tubs on top of his head. He must have one of the strongest necks ever.

One of the ladies from my Singles group, Lynn, had given me a lovely black and red shawl to give away and as I saw one woman walking down the road past our van I felt she was just the right person to give it to. She was a young woman on crutches and it was very evident that the gift would be a huge blessing to her. I had Alfred explaine to her about the lady who had given me the shawl and that the lady wanted it to go to someone very special.
It was almost heartbreaking to watch her sad eyes twinkle followed by a very charming smile. I asked her if I could please take a photo with her and her smile got larger as we hugged.

As soon as the van was loaded Alfred and I went to lunch at a Chinese restaurant before returning to Moucecore. Once it was unloaded Alfred left to go pick up my computer and run some IRM errands. I will be so glad to get it back and in good working order.

I did some paperwork in his absence, determining how much bottled water we were going to need for each area we will be doing ministry in and how many Bibles would be distributed in each ministry area, making final adjustments tomorrow after visiting the Rwanda Bible Society.
As soon as Alfred returned with the computer he plugged it in, we turned it on …… and it worked!!!!!

While we were eating dinner Alfred took an important phone call and when he hung up, with a smile he said "Next year you will be hosted at a dinner at the Governor's home, it's about 10 min. from here." I do not think there are very many people in this country that he does not have a connection with !!!!!

After eating dinner we returned to our living area where we both worked on our computers and talked about IRM business at the same time. I asked him to please remind me to get Pastor Al some real coffee when we go to town for supplies. I can’t imagine why he does not like the instant that they serve here. 

There is so much to get done before the team arrives on Friday evening. I think however he is right, if God brings me back to Rwanda next year, I need to come two to three weeks before the next team I bring.

Everything in Rwanda seems to take two to four times longer, at least, to get accomplished. It's a slower pace here than what we're used to in America and although it's really very nice it can be frustrating when there is so much to get done in such a short time.

Firefox will not allow me to get on Gmail or post this to Facebook
so if someone would like to post these last three on their fb page or the church link ....... please do. 

Alfred finally went home about nine and since it is 11:30 here I think I will also call it a night. Alfred will be here early tomorrow as we have another really busy day scheduled.

Thanks for your continued prayers,
Arlene

1 comment: