Sunday, May 2, 2010

Preparations continue....

Ministry Partners,

Today I returned from Southern Oregon where my family celebrated our Mother's 85th birthday.

While there, I met with the Team that is accompanying me to Rwanda and handed off pieces of luggage filled with supplies you have so generously donated. Scarves, ties and re-usable purchased and hand made shopping bags. It is an exciting thing to see women use their sewing talent to bless other women, half way around the world. One group from Klamath Falls made and hemmed over 140 cotton scarves and women from New Life Church in Canby made and decorated more that 40 beautiful shopping bags.
The women who receive these tangible gifts of Gods love will be blessed.


Women from the Reconciliation Village receive a tract & scarf.

As the days become filled with so many things that must be done in preparation for our departure I am reminded of the following poem and verse.

In busy places and quiet places -
God knows you by name,
sees your heart,
understands your needs,
and keeps on taking care of you.

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.
Isaiah 43:1 NKJV

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Arlene! It was great getting to talk with you last week and learn more about your ministry. I will continue praying for you. Take care and have a great day in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete