Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 28 & 29......




The Team and our airport welcoming committee.

Dear Ministry Partners,

Last night was the first official IRM Ministry Team dinner. IRM hosted the U.S. IRM Team and the Rwandan IRM Team that will be working together. Pastors from the Foursquare Church, Chaplins from Prison Fellowship, men and women interpreters, 19 in all.

I shared my appreciation for each one and my heart for the ministry God has led IRM to do here. As we minister together I know we will become fast friends.

Today was our first day of ministry, we went to Rilima Prison.

At first light we saw the enemy try and derail our plans. We were to leave at 9 to go to the prison and it was discovered that today was "Clean-up Rwanda" day. On one Sat. a month Rwandans are required to do clean-up around their homes and town until noon. If you are caught traveling or doing anything else - you will be arrested and taken to jail. Roadblocks are everywhere and the only other thing you can do is stay inside your house.

Alfred, the IRM Operations Supervisor, who was in Kenya for work was to arrive at 9 a.m. today but because of a strike by Kenya Air, all of their flights were delayed.

The enemy has been attacking heavily but God's control and provision and blessing has been evident as Alfred was able to procure a seat on another airline, to arrive at 12:30 but when he was delayed at the Kigali Airport the day was getting so late that I made the decision to go with those present and have Blessing interpret for me as she had done on a previous trip.

As we drove out of town Blessings phone rang, Alfred was just a couple of minutes behind us, asking us to wait for him to catch up.

I am not sure, but I think I have set a record today, every time the enemy attacked to get us focused on the circumstances I found myself saying...."Jesus I give you praise for who you are and that you ARE the one in control here. I give you praise because I KNOW that we are going to see you do GREAT things today. I give you praise, I give you praise, I give you praise...........".

And for a fact, we did see him do great things. From finding great favor with a Deputy Warden, I had met on a previous trip who asked to pray for and with all of us, (this was a first !!) before entering the prison to seeing God add to the Lamb's Book of life.....3,000!!!!!
I cannot keep back the tears, even now, as I "Thank" God for allowing us to see the Holy Spirit at work.

It is 11p.m. and the team has long since retired so I best be off to bed.

So, as I said we are seeing God's care, provision and blessing in a HUGE way.

Your continued prayers are SO needed.
Thanks,

Arlene
for the team

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update and the prayers are still coming. God is in control! Hugs and enjoy your time there as well....Becky

    ReplyDelete