Thursday, May 27, 2010

PDX Portland today, Rwanda tomorrow.......


Align CenterDorothea, Tayna, Roger, Arlene, Jon

Ministry Partners,

We have arrived safe and sound with only a small change in our flight plan. Due to the strike of the airline employees in France we need to stay out of their air space, we had a change in our flight plan adding about 45 min. to our Belgium to Kigali flight. Imagine my delight and surprise at meeting a friend, Joyce Pepos, a former teammate, and her husband in the Belgium airport.

God has been gracious to us in our “seating”, giving me a bulkhead seat so I could elevate my legs but on the last leg from Belgium He provided 2 additional seats next to me so Tanya and I both shared and were both able to lay flat across them and sleep or rest for a couple hours so my hip is almost pain free. Team leader, Roger, had 4 seats so he also got to lay flat to sleep.

I am so thankful for God’s hand on my health as I traveled. I have had absolutely no pain on the right side of my head. Thank you for those of you who were praying concerning the issues I had been having with that.

We arrived at Kigali Airport about 8pm and all of our luggage arrived with no problems going through customs. We were welcomed by Blessing Mupenzi (Alfred, the IRM supervisor is in Kenya until Sat.morning), Pastor Peter, the translator for the prison pastors training and Alex, a friend of Alfred’s.

I cannot tell you how happy we all were to see their smiling faces.

So, as you can see we have much to praise Jesus for already.

Our rooms at Moucecore Center were ready for us and we are looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight.

Thank you for your continued prayers,


Arlene

for the Team


1 comment:

  1. We are all very pleased to hear you are safe and that the Lord is working all things togetherfor you! Please continue to know that the prayer teams at KCC are praying without ceasing, together and individually on your behalf and we are all very excited for what the Lord has done already inside of you all and what the Lord is going to do through you. Bless you Team! We are so very proud of all of you!

    Chad Bryson

    ReplyDelete