Thursday, October 22, 2009

Reminders of a very busy schedule......

Ministry Partners,

As I work on putting together a new Power Point Presentation I find it lots of fun as I enter photos and remember the events of that day.

On the day I spoke at the Rehabilitation Center for rebels from the Congo forests in Northern Rwanda I was still struggling with a very sore throat. Alfred's voice stayed strong and powerful as he interpreted for me and for many speakers from the Norwegian Church League who were without a translator. They had contributed to the building of homes at the Reconciliation Village and with the water projects there.

It appears we were more tired than we realized as David documented this without our knowledge.......

A very amusing sight when you know that the 25 mile trip back to Kigali took +2 & 1/2 hours due to the numerous and very large potholes. "Thank You" to our excellent driver, Gregory, from Prison Fellowship.
We must have been very tired, indeed !!!!


Next month the IRM 5 member Rwanda "Core Team" will began monthly meetings to discuss training materials for the prison pastors and other plans for the 2010 trip. The team is comprised of:

  • Pastor Deo - Prison Fellowship, Director
  • Pastor Roger Brubeck - Foursquare Missionary
  • Pastor Peter Noikumana - local Rwandan
  • Pastor Isaiah M. Seyeze - local Rwandan
  • Alfred Mupenzi - IRM Operations Supervisor
  • Arlene Tatum - Founder & Director of IRM
Please pray for these dedicated men and myself as we seek God's leading and direction from the Holy Spirit in every detail and plan.


Did you notice the red squeeze bottle of American ketchup. It was nice to have a familiar taste from home for our "chips". Rwandan ketchup is served in most restaurants and is similar to jelled red water.


Well, back to work on the P.P.P. as I would like to have it done by next Friday when I leave to go to Southern Oregon to speak in some churches.

That none would be lost,

Arlene


1 comment:

  1. Hello, greetings in the Lord Jesus. I am Ernest Mbega. I accepted the Lord in 1991 in Lushoto Tanzani. I was baptised by pastor Roger Brubeck. I just saw his picture in this site and just wanted to say that, I greatly remember him as my father in faith. Can you please assist me with his (R.Brubeck)contact. Please post it on my email or facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1334017106#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.417735901733.187354.539561733

    Blessings in Christ,

    Ernest

    ReplyDelete