Sunday, October 18, 2009

Arriving home.....

Dear Ministry Partners,

We arrived safe and sound in Portland on Thursday after a very long +10 hour flight from Amsterdam. Greeting us at the airport were David's friend Suzanne and a number of additional friends from our Singles group.

Today, Sunday, David and I briefly shared some personal insights and observations of the trip with our Singles group.

As I work through jet-lag and unpack some of the gifts I received from "family" friends and ministry partners, each one reminds me of the powerful days of ministry and how very blessed I am. I offer "Praise" for each reminder of God's goodness and faithfulness.

  • A beautiful wooden bead bracelet from Alfred & Blessing
  • A gold bead Rwandan necklace & African fabric from a friend
  • An exquisite gold embroidered, blue native dress from Prison Fellowship Rwanda
  • From a warden, a 9 pcs. beaded spear set & banana leaf slippers ~ made by prison inmates
  • A Peace basket, wooden milk container & coffee from ERM
Currently, I am working on plans for the 2010 trip. Lord willing, it appears IRM will be returning to Rwanda with a team of men focused on training and equipping the prison pastors to be better shepherds - a vision God began to stir in my heart two years ago.

I so appreciate your continued prayers in all of this......

Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment