Sunday, October 4, 2009

God still reigns

Greetings from Kigali.

It is such a privilege to be here and watch God work. The Holy Spirit is bringing many to salvation decisions along with public confessions of buried secret sins. It is an exciting thing to watch them making good decisions that will change their lives forever. Indeed, I serve a wonderful Savior.

The enemy continues to try and disrupt things and refuses to admit that he is defeated. His attacks are evidence that God is going to allow us to once again see Him do something wonderful for which we can offer thanks and praise.

It seems I have picked up a bug as I am struggling with a very sore throat with swallowing and speaking being difficult. Please pray that God would bring healing as I still have much speaking to do. Today, I speak for the morning service at Vivante Church and later I will be meeting with a pastor from the Foursquare church here.

A few days ago I met the Foursquare missionaries and they invited David, Alfred, Blessing and I to have dinner at their home that evening and we had a wonderful time of fellowship. They are very excited about working with Prison Fellowship and IRM to bring training to the prison pastors and develop a discipleship program for the prisoners.

Tomorrow, Monday, we head to northern Rwanda and we will return to Kigali on Thursday.

Thank you for your continued prayer,

Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment