Thursday, May 2, 2013

IRM Rwanda Vice-President Alfred Mupenzi arrives in the U.S. for the first time............

Dear Ministry Partners,
I am so excited as I look forward to the IRM ministry trip to Uganda and Rwanda.

A few months age when I spoke with Alfred, our Vice-President in Rwanda, he informed me that the country of Uganda had given me approval to go into 4 prisons there to do crusades and Alfred has already brought on board some of the local pastors to partner with us and to do follow-up after we leave.


      There are 50 prisons in Uganda and while they are much smaller than the prisons in Rwanda with some only having a few 100 in them, they are also far more depressed than the ones in Rwanda with prisoners dying of starvation. To me, that information just speaks to the fact of how much the Ugandan prisoners also need the hope that Jesus Christ has to offer.

With Alfred's arrival in America, for the first time, we have been able to share about the ministry in many churches. It was a special time for me to have him also be present as I received my licensing certificate from Pastor Ron Swor at New Life Church in Canby.



I will leave for Uganda on July 5th, travel to Rwanda on July 20th and return to America on Aug.11 and I am so pleased with the 4 U.S. team members that will join the IRM Rwandan ministry team and me on July 26th. I am already giving God praise for this upcoming trip and for what we will see Him do in us and through us.



Our support base in Africa is growing and as it grows so do the financial responsibilities for IRM. You have been faithful partners to uphold this ministry with your prayers and financial gifts, Thank You. It is because of your partnership that the work of the ministry in Rwanda, and now Uganda, is possible. 


As I prepare the team to go I am reminded of …….

 ………. Rom. 10:14,15 that says, “How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?  And how can anyone preach unless they are sent?”

As we continue making preparations to go would you consider supporting this next ministry trip with your prayers and financial giving?

Please agree with us in prayer for:

  1. ·    Open hearts for the gospel
  2. ·    Ministry trip finances - this year IRM must raise $18,000 for our part of the trip
  3. ·    Funds for Bible/Discipleship Booklet sets that are now $9 ea
  4. ·    Favor with all Gov. officials·  
  5.      Health & travel safety for me and the team
Making online donations for Bibles is easy now !
1. Go to the IRM Ministry web-site @ http://www.newlifeirm.org/
2. Click on "Donations"
3. Click on "clicking here" in blue
4. Follow the easy remaining few "steps"

 Thank you again for your gracious and generous support.
That none would be lost,

Arlene 

No comments:

Post a Comment