Wednesday, May 30, 2012

God had different plans........


Ministry Partners,
I am not sure when I will get this posted but I just had to let you know how yesterday and today has gone…….QUITE different that what was planned.
All went well at PDX although I was told to go to the Delta counter when in fact I needed to go to the Alaska counter. But God provided a kind Delta employee who gathered my 3 bags onto a cart which he pushed to the appropriate counter.
The flight to Los Angeles went well but upon arrival those traveling to Amsterdam were told that the fright had been delayed by 2 hours and I would not make my connecting flight to Rwanda as planned. I waited at the gate but no one came to man the counter until 30 min. before the new flight time of 4pm.
At 4:15 everyone was boarded and the agent at the door was saying “last call, we need to get in the air” to which I responded “Not without me I need to be on that plane!” The attendant behind the counter had been working all that time trying to get me booked on another flight and had taken the current boarding pass that I originally had.
There was another young man waiting behind me that was also waiting to get rescheduled to Entebi (?sp.). I told him that I thought God was trying to work on my character concerning patience and we both laughed.
I explained to the counter person about the need for me to get to Rwanda for an important meeting with government officials and that I would take any flight or airline that would do that. While I was waiting I remembered praying with Shelly before I left thanking God that I knew He was in control and for going before me and after me. I kept reminding myself of God’s faithfulness, that I would see Him implement His perfect plan….for me and for that important meeting and Amsterdam to Rwanda flight.
Finally, I had my boarding pass in hand along with the paperwork for my Amsterdam to Kigali (by way of Nairobi, Kenya) flight after a 10 hour layover in Amsterdam. But it was not until I arrived in Amsterdam and went to the KLM transfer station that the lady actually gave me my boarding pass and I realized what God had actually provided.
Although I was routed to Kenya with a 2 hr. layover I would arrive Thursday morning at 9am instead of 8pm if I had stayed with the direct one flight a day.
It is now 3pm in Amsterdam and I am exhausted and weary but giving God praise and thanking him AGAIN for his provision and faithfulness. I have not had to wait until I arrived in Rwanda to see God do great things……He is doing them now. I am so thankful too for the KLM agent in L.A. who worked so hard to find a flight that would get me to Kigali before the scheduled meeting.
A nice young man in a electronic store here where I needed to buy a computer cord let me use his phone to call Alfred so he would know my new arrival time in Kigali tomorrow morning AND he is letting me use the store internet feed to get this posted. Another blessing and provision from the Lord's hand!!!
I appreciate your continued prayers.
Giving God praise and thanks,
Arlene

2 comments:

  1. awesome praise to God for His provision on your trip. I was thinking of and praying for you when I was at work yesterday! Pray without ceasing and I did it with my eyes open while working! Hugs and hope things continue to look up on your trip. God bless you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God...!!!! Safe travels and I will be following your journey. Please give love and hugs to all, let them know I am thinking of them and I wish i could be there again. Love you Arlene, Tina Klonaris-Robinson

    ReplyDelete