Friday, August 6, 2010

Aug. 7, 2010


Ministry Partners and Friends,

I think summer has arrived in the Portland area.

I have finally finished my new Power Point Presentation and I will be sharing it for the first time on Oct. 19th for the Women's Bible Study at Mid-Valley Community Church in Woodburn.
Following are photos and the story about one prison pastor, Pastor Cornelius, that is noteworthy from my presentation.


Alfred, Arlene and Pastor Cornelius, the head pastor that I worked with at Nsinda Prison on three of my previous ministry trips but he had been released when I arrived at the prison last year. Alfred was able to get his contact information and he came to see me on this trip.


Alfred, Arlene and Pastor Cornelius, who traveled 2+ hours on the back of a motor bike (Rwandan taxi) to come and see me, bringing me a photo of his wife and small church. He told me he had been in prison for 4 1/2 yrs. without a trial and at his trial, he was found innocent. He said he was not bitter as he knew God had allowed him to be there so he could share the love of Jesus Christ with the other prisoners, and that he had returned to Nsinda Prison a number of times to share the Gospel. He went with our team on our final day of ministry there and we entered the prison hand in hand. What an wonderful example of submission to God's plan for his life, and not one of anger or bitterness toward God or the men that falsely accused him.....WOW


My friend Pastor Cornelius and his wife, white head wrap & dress, with their church and congregation. His wife kept the church going when he was imprisoned without trial for 41/2 years. He was found innocent and released in 2009 before I arrived for my 6th trip.

With the P.P.P. done I have started some "housecleaning"...not my favorite thing I must admit but I have been able to listen, while I cleaned, to a Southern Gospel Station on my laptop. I heard this group sing this song for the first time and then found it on "youtube". It has a powerful message of God's grace to each of us so I am sharing the link with you, just copy and paste it into your browser.

Be blessed,

The Kingsmen sing "God Saw a Cross"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pILR-wrLRo

Arlene

2 comments: